Ladies who go to the Dominican Salons that don't have a relaxer

sparkles

Okay this thread is for the ladies who go to the dominican salons and don't get the roller set that are natural meaning no relaxer and just get the blowout!!!! What kind of results did you have or do you have from going on a regular meaning every week or every 2 weeks??? let me know ladies!!!!!!

The results I get are great. go weekly or every other (just depends on my schedule and how lazy I;m feeling). As the weather gets warmer, I won't go as often, because the blowout won't last.

You better bring some good heat protectant if your going to do a blow out. I did it so much. I actually had heat damage. My kinky curls turned straight :(

had to do the snip snip. In December of 2007

I only went once and it was TERRIFYING. The heat was excruciating and I just knew my hair was dying with each turn of the round brush. :nono: If I were relaxed, I would ALWAYS be there. But I am so scared to go back...even though I really want to!

I go every couple of months for a blow out. I rarely go because of all the heat they use. Definitely bring a heat protectant I've never met a dominican stylist that used some prior to blow drying. I don't go frequently because I prefer my hair curly and also the heat is wayyy too much! I already have heat damage in the front of my hair from flat ironing myself.

Very bad experience - would not recommend. :nono:

I decided I won't ever let a stylist treat my hair in a way that I would not. They were rough, the heat is torture and it was a poofy mess. I wanted a rollerset with a blowout of the roots. But they did put too much hair on the rollers.

You can come close to perfecting this at home with a lot less damage and drama.

I an transistioning now, and one of the main reasons why I started to look for an alternative way of dealing with my hair is because blow-outs on my relaxed hair without proper condidtioning for six months damaged my hair.:nono: I literally started to see litte white stands of hair where my hair had been fried. For this reason, I think the dominican salons are ok, but with anything they should be done in moderation with plenty of deep conditioning if heat is the way your going to go relaxed or natural.

The results I get are great. go weekly or every other (just depends on my schedule and how lazy I;m feeling). As the weather gets warmer, I won't go as often, because the blowout won't last.

Your legs in dem shoes look HOT. How high are those heels GD!???

Back on topic...

I use to go weekly or bi-weekly depending on the funds (more bi-weekly). They would wash, deep condition, rollerset in big rollers [tell me I had hair like King Kong as they raked through with a fine toothed comb] and lastly blow dry the heck outa my poor fine strands. I always refused the curling iron.

The results were great but at what cost?
The cost to me was permanent heat damage which I'm now growing out to my natural texture. My hair could last in cold weather and hot weather just about the same.

My hair was healthier using this technique than the blowdrying and curling with the marcel stove. However about the last times I straightened my hair, the new stylist I was going to was very gentle and applied less heat than the DRs IMO.

My hair texture is a fine 4. Ooh, I like that name 'Fine 4'...

Back