Ladies, what is the best daily moisturizing lotion?

tbutler2205

I'm a newbie who currently uses motions oil-free moisturizer...it works ok but I've been only using it for like 2 weeks. I was wondering if there is anything better out there or if there is anything that you can say helped you get to your goal lengths. Mine is APL by October '09. I would love the suggestions!:newbie:

Hi and welcome.

off topic, we have a challenge(in my siggy) apl by dec 09. You might wanna check it out.

I have used CFCG when I wear my wigs and Hydratherma Naturals growth lotion when I wear my hair out. Both are really good.

Welcome gurl!!!!!!!!!!!!............motions lotion :ohwell: :nono: Try elasta qp mango butter as an moisturizer, shea butter and avocado butter works good too. I havent heard alot of good reviews on motions lotion. I heard it wasnt that good . But if it works for you then keep on keeping on!

Welcome!!!

I have been using SheaMoisture Shea Butter Lotion latley and I really like it. I was using ORS olive oil lotion. It was good for a little while but my hair seems to like the other better.

Thanks ya'll. I have a big issue with dryness so I need something that's thick...especially for the cold weather. Msdevo I just joined the challenge...Your hair is so silky. I've been bunning/pinning up for the past two weeks so we'll see how things go. Also, what is a good setting/foaming product 'cause I normally rollerset?

Thanks. I wish it was like that now(new growth is a killa and I am in cornrows).:locks:
That was the outcome of my 1st encounter with a CHI. I loved it.

Glad you joined the challenge. We all gonna make it to APL!!!

And as far as a setting lotion, I would say you cant go wrong with good ole' Lottabody

I like African Royale Miracle Oil Moisturizer (MOM), I use s-curl, followed by mom, followed by an oil. S-curl alone is not enough, MOM which is a creamy moisturizer alone is not enough either. But together:lick:.

kids organics shea butter remains the best in my stash. i like others but KO smells good, is cheap and moisturizes by itself

Best moisturizer I've ever had in my life = Hydratherma Naturals Growth Lotion. I'm ordering the big size when I run out

A good setting lotion is Pantene Relaxed & Natural. It doesn't take much to give good hold, smells good and you don't have to add water to it like lottabody. Hope that helps!

^^^^What she said. I love me some hydratherma naturals daily growth lotion. It's hands down the best moisturizer I've ever used. It doesn't have mineral oil or petrolatum and it's full of good oils and butters.

hydratherma naturals growth lotion, keracare creme hairdress and jane carter's nourish and shine.

Thanks ya'll, the Hydrathermal Naturals sounds good. I used the Profective earlier this year and I was pleased...I made other hair mistakes while I was using it so I didn't take full advantage. Ntrlbeauty87 your hair is gorgeous. Once I use up the motions, which will be very soon, I'm gonna try something new. I can't waste money right now 'cause times are hard.

The Sheabutter shea hair lotion by Komacare is pretty good. I have to order so more. However I just tried Palmer Olive Oil Hair Milk and its great. Also it leaves the hair so shiney and sleek. So I might keep it. Those two are my staples.

Back