Ladies, what are you steaming with?!

Hey Ladies! I'm about to get a new steamer (yeah me + finally!!!) and I have no idea what to steam with. I'm interested in getting some silicon mix, some curl junkie hibiscus and banana butter, or some BEE-U-Tiful deep conditioner. I'm so confused:spinning:. The only thing that I know is that my hair is thirsty, thirsty, thirsty. So, what are you all steaming with?

That Curl Junkie Banana & Hibiscus Deep Fix is the bomb.com. I mix it up with a bit of oil and some other, thinner conditioners, but it can easily be used alone.

I steam almost every time I DC, so I use a variety of different products. I love Elucence MB, Komaza Olive Moisture Mask, Aubrey HSR, and Lush Retread. I always mix in different oils, as this boosts the power of the DC...red palm oil, black castor oil, avocado, jojoba, coconut, CoCasta oil, etc.

WOW ! Ya'll I *Heart* Steaming.:love:

It was By Far, the Single Best Investment I made in my HHJ. Let's see:detective::

Curl Junkie Deep Fix & Curl Junkie Rehab
Jessicurl Weekly Deep Treatment
Jasmine's: Babbasu XTreme, Avacado & Silk, Ultra Nourishing & Rebuilding and Reconstructor
Afroveda Ashlii Amla
Hairveda Sitrinillah
SheScentIt Fortifying Masque -- Replaced Banana Brulee w/Curl Junkie Banana
My Honey Child
Alter Ego Garlic

*Have these but haven't tried*

Another Poster sent me BeeMine BeeUtiful & KBB
Komaza Olive
Komaza Intense Moisture
Ori Organics Restorative Hair Masque

I may come back in and make some additions:yep:

IDareT'sHair, can you give me a quick breakdown of the difference between the two Curl Junkie conditioners? Which one is more moisturizing? I'm about to order some more Hibiscus & Banana, but I'm wondering if I should add a Rehab to my order as well. Your expert advice is appreciated. :grin:

mstar

The Banana & Hibiscus Deep Fix is more of a light Protein DC'er with Moisturizing properties. Very Thick & Very Fragranty. Almost like a Balancer...

The Moisture Rehab is more of a "Moisturizing" Conditioner.

You definitely cannot go wrong with either.:grin: That is Certain.:yep: You will absolutely Love them both.

@*fabulosity* is now a Curl Junkie Head too:lol:

We were 'complaining' in the U1 B1 Thread that CJ changed the Jar of the Banana Hibiscus. It used to be a Larger/Wider Jar. :look:

Now it resembles the Moisture Rehab jar.:perplexed

I cannot wait to get my steamer, it should be here in a few days. A bit off topic but westNDNbeauty~I love your YouTube channel, you create some excellent styles girlfriend ;)

Also IDareT'sHair: I want to try Jasmine's conditioners.. Can you give me a run down of the ones you have? I am really interested in the Ultra Nourishing Deep Conditioner as a deep treatment and the Reconstructor for protein...

Thanx!

Also @IDareT'sHair: I want to try Jasmine's conditioners.. Can you give me a run down of the ones you have? I am really interested in the Ultra Nourishing Deep Conditioner as a deep treatment and the Reconstructor for protein...

Thanx!
@Blackmagic

I Like them and I Like the Vendor.:grin: She's as Sweet as Can be.

She always has Sale & Specials going on. I think right now she is offering 20%. She has a Discount Code that neva' expires for 10%.

She has an overabundance of 'scents' and they smell absolutely wonderful. All of them smell Fabulous I have tried:

The Babbasu XTreme DC'er. It's really good. Like a Balancer of Moisture w/a very Light Hint of Protein

The Ultra Nourishing is also very good. It gives my chemically treated hair that extra Ump.

The Reconstructor/Rebuilder -- I just rinsed out a few minutes ago. It is a really good Reconstructive Treatment. I shy-ed away from buying it (at first) because of the price:blush: and thought I would use the Ultra Nourishing instead, but I am glad I made the Investment during one of her 20% Sales.

It is definitely "different" that the Ultra Nourishing in overall consistency and what it does for your Hair. :yep:

I used this about 2 weeks ago after I Self-Relaxed (to "build" my hair back up) and I just used it again this week. It's very good too.

The Avacado & Silk is definitely a "Fav" It does give your hair that Silky feel.:lick:

So far, I have been pleased with her Product Line & her Customer Service.

Everyone in the U1 B1 Loves her Body Products, but I haven't tried those yet.:perplexed

She did send me a "Free Sample" of the Shower Gel which was about 6 ounces (nice size).

I steam 2xs a week. Once with oils and hair butters. For example, coconut oil and olive butter. The second time with a DC:
AO HST
Aussie 3 min miracle
shea moisture deep treatment masque
Yes To Carrots Hair and Scalp Moisturizing Mud Mask
Pantene Relaxed and Natural Breakage Defense Mask Deep Conditioning

mstar

The Banana & Hibiscus Deep Fix is more of a light Protein DC'er with Moisturizing properties. Very Thick & Very Fragranty. Almost like a Balancer...

The Moisture Rehab is more of a "Moisturizing" Conditioner.

You definitely cannot go wrong with either.:grin: That is Certain.:yep: You will absolutely Love them both.

@*fabulosity* is now a Curl Junkie Head too:lol:

We were 'complaining' in the U1 B1 Thread that CJ changed the Jar of the Banana Hibiscus. It used to be a Larger/Wider Jar. :look:

Now it resembles the Moisture Rehab jar.:perplexed
Well, I'm very glad I asked you this. From the reviews on Curl Mart, I was under the impression that Rehab was the less moisturizing of the two.

I'll probably stick with the Hibiscus & Banana, because I've gotten very lazy, and I now usually do a mixed protein/moisture DC. But I'm adding a Rehab to my order as well. Thanks IDareT'sHair!

Hey Justice girl..

I just put my steamer together myself yesterday..and today I used CJ Hisbiscus and Banana Deep Fix..
Like Mstar said.. the bomb.com :lachen:

I read somewhere that you should use steam for moisturizing DCs and hard hat dryer for protein...so I think I will be using with my steamer..

CJ Hisbiscus and Banana
CJ Moisture Rehab
SSI Banana Brulee
L'anza Moi Moi Masque
Origins Moisture Treatmnt
Shea Moisture Curl Smoothie

That's just what I could see right now.. lol...

WOW ! Ya'll I *Heart* Steaming.:love:

It was By Far, the Single Best Investment I made in my HHJ. Let's see:detective::

Curl Junkie Deep Fix & Curl Junkie Rehab
Jessicurl Weekly Deep Treatment
Jasmine's: Babbasu XTreme, Avacado & Silk, Ultra Nourishing & Rebuilding and Reconstructor
Afroveda Ashlii Amla
Hairveda Sitrinillah
SheScentIt Fortifying Masque -- Replaced Banana Brulee w/Curl Junkie Banana
My Honey Child
Alter Ego Garlic

*Have these but haven't tried*

Another Poster sent me BeeMine BeeUtiful & KBB
Komaza Olive
Komaza Intense Moisture
Ori Organics Restorative Hair Masque

I may come back in and make some additions:yep:

@ the bolded: please do!!! :) :)

I steam with moisture or protein. If I remember next time I will try the protein with my hooded dryer instead of the steamer and see how that works. I want to dc with oils & butters too. Great ideas ladies :yep:.

I use:
Hairveda's Sitrinillah
Hairveda's Methi Sativa
Komaza's Intense Moisture Therapy
Shea Moisture's Deep Treatment Masque
Claudie's Protein Conditioner
Mozeke's Carrot Protein Masque
Jasmine's Babassu Xtreme Conditioner

Bumping to ask:
Should I be steaming with a water based conditioner? I have been steaming with AOHSR and I don't get as good results as when I sleep on it on dry hair...is it because it isn't water based?

Organic Roots Stimulator Replenishing Conditioner
Care Free Curl Moisturizer

I don't have a steamer but am considering getting one. For right now, I'm using the microwave/towel/plastic cap method.

With my DC cocktail

AO HSR
ORS Replenishing Pak
Silicon Mix
Elasta QP Creme fortifying condish
Lekair Cholesterol
Castor Oil
Honey

I want to try steamer treatments heard very good things about the treatments... Where do I purchase one in stores or online?

Last edited:
I want to try steamer treatments heard very good things about the treatments... Where do I purchase one in stores or online?
I bought mine from salon r us. They had a $10 discount. I'm not sure if it is still available. They have a 1 year warranty.

Hey Justice girl..

I just put my steamer together myself yesterday..and today I used CJ Hisbiscus and Banana Deep Fix..
Like Mstar said.. the bomb.com :lachen:

I read somewhere that you should use steam for moisturizing DCs and hard hat dryer for protein...so I think I will be using with my steamer..

CJ Hisbiscus and Banana
CJ Moisture Rehab
SSI Banana Brulee
L'anza Moi Moi Masque
Origins Moisture Treatmnt
Shea Moisture Curl Smoothie

That's just what I could see right now.. lol...

You can use a steamer for protein, it's just as effective for protein as it is for moisture. :yep:

I have a few treatments in my rotation

HairVeda Sitrinillah
Curl Junky Hibsicus & Banana Deep Fix
L'Occitane Repairing Mask
Kerastase Masquintense
Kerasatase Aqua Oleum
Silk Element Megasilk Moisturising Treatment
Aveda Damage Remedy

I'll be getting some Jasmine's next as that ish is calling me! :look:

Back