Ladies wearing weave for growth/retention

neanie

Do you have any before and after backshots of wearing yur weave for a period of 2/3 months and what was your regimen??
or if there is a thread wth peoples progress pics in weave please direct me :spinning:

I plan on wearing my weave for at least another month (it has been a month already) and i would like to see what kind of results you are getting for encouragement

i'll help out

I just took out my sew-in that I got at the end of May. I haven't taken pictures yet, but some of my hair is at MBL.

I wear my sew-ins for 3 - 3.5 months each time. I use Goddess Remi.

Here are before and afters of a 3.5 month install from I think the end of December to mid April

this is the actual day I got the install. I washed and lightly blowdried and oiled before I went to my stylist's
blowdry.jpg

this is like 2 weeks after taking down the sew in from the previous picture. for those two weeks before I straightened, I wore buns & twistouts
1-3.jpg

I washed every weekend with Tea Tree Triple Treat by Giovanni and moisturized with my shea butter mix. I washed Thursdays and used my mix in between my tracks. The week of taking my sew in out, every night, I oiled my scalp and tracks so it can be oiled and easy to detangle.

Last edited:
Here are before and afters of a 3.5 month install from I think the end of December to mid April

I think I re-read this like nine times!!! That is amazing growth, Nichi, your hair is lovely and thick! I have been considering a sew-in for the winter months - I've never had one before, looks like we're on the same page, OP!

OP, no I don't use growth aids

I think I re-read this like nine times!!! That is amazing growth, Nichi, your hair is lovely and thick! I have been considering a sew-in for the winter months - I've never had one before, looks like we're on the same page, OP!

thanks! if you take good care of your hair underneath, you'll get some good growth & retention

nice growth Nichi- I was wondering when you were going to update the board :)

My camera stopped working and I dont think my MAC camera is as clear as I'd like. I'll update when I get a hold of the camera. It's been two weeks since uninstall and I havent straightened my hair. I have no desire to. I wont until a wedding in Oct I think. Im just enjoying my larger twistouts for now.

Back