Ladies Using MTG With 1 Inch Growth

I use MTG and get 1 inch of growth a month.......

• Yes

Votes: 33 45.8%
  • No

Votes: 39 54.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I use it every other day but I don't think I am gettin 1' per month. When I finish this small bottle I am going to stop adding stuff to it. I heard it is more effective when used straight up.

keluric said:
I use it daily.

Ditto. I use it straight daily. Occasionally, I skip days. I am getting ready to go into a sew-in and this is when it is most effective for me. My hair needs a break and I need a break from it. Oh, and yes when used consistently, I get an inch or more a month.

Last edited:
czyfaith77 said:
Ditto. I use it straight daily. Occasionally, I skip days. I am getting ready to go into a sew-in and this is when it is most effective for me. My hair needs a break and I need a break from it.

I like what you said, in the bolded part. I am about to get my sew in back in at 4 weeks post relaxer. I need a break from my hair too, it is a job, and sometimes i just want to quit. :) For me the mtg is definetely helping with the growth quickly, i cant wait to try it with the sew in.

Last edited:
Precious_1 said:
I like what you said, in the bolded part. I am about to get my sew in back in at 4 weeks post relaxer. I need a break from my hair too, it is a job, and sometimes i just want to quit. :) I use For me the mtg and it is definetely helping with the growth quickly, i cant wait to try it with the sew in.
How can you get it onto your scalp with the sew-ins... would you use a droper, so that it won't get all over your hair. I'm not famailar with MTG usage at all... just curious..

AtlantaJJ said:
How can you get it onto your scalp with the sew-ins... would you use a droper, so that it won't get all over your hair. I'm not famailar with MTG usage at all... just curious..

I put my mtg in a container that resembles the dr.miracles/doo gro bottles with the neck on the end. I cant think of the name of these bottles. and I spread my hair apart until i can see a braid and my scalp and apply whatever it is i am applying. Last time i had a sew in i used Dr. Miracles. I know most people hate that stuff, but i think it helped me. I have run out so thats what i put my mtg in, in that empty bottle, and apply it only to the scalp. it still runs all down my neck though:look:

Precious_1 said:
I put my mtg in a container that resembles the dr.miracles/doo gro bottles with the neck on the end. I cant think of the name of these bottles. and I spread my hair apart until i can see a braid and my scalp and apply whatever it is i am applying. Last time i had a sew in i used Dr. Miracles. I know most people hate that stuff, but i think it helped me. I have run out so thats what i put my mtg in, in that empty bottle, and apply it only to the scalp. it still runs all down my neck though:look:

That dripping thing really bugged me, I found what helped post application was to wrap a piece of absorbent material either around my head (making sure to completely cover the nape) or around the neck area itself. I try to massage the MTG in too, so that there isn't too much excess. Blotting with a piece of satin (when I'm in a rush I'll just use a paper towel) will also mop up any extra.

I have a picture of the scarf wrap/plastic cap method in my fotki under "MTG Files".

Now is everyone applying during the day or at night? I find doing it at night saves my coworkers from the smell. I don't really care about DH...if I have to smell your feet...you have to smell my hair.

I have had 1' growth... only use it once a week, sometimes 2-3X a week. Straight, no chaser.

ETA: I add at night. My once a week is always after shampooing while my hair is wet. Sometimes during the week, I'll squeeze a bit on my scalp, but always at night.

Last edited:
When i use to do this consistently about a year ago, i had at least an inch of new growth in a month. I also used it straight at night and in the morning i woulg use Surge and seal it with WGHO. I used it about every night and by morning the smell would be completely gone. I recently jumped back on the MTG bandwagon to see how many inches i can get by February. Hopefully i get th same effects as I used to get when i first started using it! *hoping and praying*

Ive been so lazy, man. *sigh* Havent used my ole', trusty MTG in months. However, when i was using it i was getting 3/4" at the MOST. Never, ever got 1". Now i get around 1/2", which is cool with me! :)

AtlantaJJ said:

I use a small tip color applicator bottle. You can usually find these for 99 cent or less. If the tip get clogged frequently, cut just a little off the tip but not too much. It gets in all the nooks and crannies :lol: . Put it in at night and the smell is gone by morning. You will be surprised by the time you take out your sew in.

I use it 2-3x/week, I mix it with other oils and it still give me good results. If you use it straight be careful not to use too much very little goes a long way and no leaking. I think I get 3/4-1" a month when I'm applying it religiously.

jus got mine today. im new to this site but hopefully i will get great results. ill keep u guys updated. i hope for a few inches in a few months:D

jus got mine today. im new to this site but hopefully i will get great results. ill keep u guys updated. i hope for a few inches in a few months:D

You're so pretty and your hair is sooooo beautiful ( I love it ). What type of hair do you have and what do you use?

MTG is the bomb. I got a lot of growth from it. The first month it thickened my hair. After that I'd get about an 1", some times an inch and a half when I used Surge with it.

Just had to say aussie you are so beautiful!!! Ok Im a mtg user and I have mine so watered down with peppermint oil the smell is a memory......

lol im really havin a hard time adjustin to all the controls on this site. i had to do a hour long research to get back to this one. WOW!!! there hasssss to be a better way lol. also thanks so much u guys ( about the face).... but yea i need more replies about MTG.... i think they call that BUmping.:lol:

also i am 4b natural. stop relaxin Oct 2005. never really did a CHOP, i just let my hair grow out with braids and every time i took them out i would trim off the relaxed hair. lol i just couldnt have a TWA (he he im learning words:lol:)

Last edited:
I gave up on the MTG...
couldn't take the smell... it was ruining my vibe.
I think it worked when I was using it,
but it just wasn't worth it for me.
I don't know how ya'll do it.

i just started MTG so I dont have any results right now but ummmmmm thanks for all the compliments sisters. that pic was a GOOD Hair day lol. I think that was the last time it looked like that. lol im glad i captured it while it lasted:ohwell:

I am new on LHCF. I started using MTG 3 weeks ago. My hair seems to be definately thicker at the roots. I am not sure if it has increased the growth though. There seems to be a lot of new tight curls of about 1" but I am thinking its the relaxer reverting?! :sad: I am texlaxed so it's hard to tell. 3 weeks ago I also started a new job and my co-workers kept asking each other "what that smell" was! Some said it smelled like barbecue and some said shoe polish...............I did not tell them it was me:blush: How embarrassed was I??!!

I might have to go back to my MTG because it really did help my hair. It's just that my b/f, roommate, and friends were complaining about the smell... and I got the worst build up from that stuff.

If you MTG...can you rinse your scalp and between braids often to loosen up the build up? Or is it best to let it "Soak" in?

I sold my bottles I had... luckily I live near a horse stable that sells the 32oz bottles for $9.99. I might have to go buy some more since my hair is thinning out.

I am new on LHCF. I started using MTG 3 weeks ago. My hair seems to be definately thicker at the roots. I am not sure if it has increased the growth though. There seems to be a lot of new tight curls of about 1" but I am thinking its the relaxer reverting?! :sad: I am texlaxed so it's hard to tell. 3 weeks ago I also started a new job and my co-workers kept asking each other "what that smell" was! Some said it smelled like barbecue and some said shoe polish...............I did not tell them it was me:blush: How embarrassed was I??!!

i created a solution that knocked the smell right out, while adding special essentials of their own.

Using a 8 oz applicator bottle (can be found at hair stores):

.50 oz rosemary essential oil
.50 oz lavendar essential oil (this overpowered the smell the most)
.20 oz ylang ylang oil
.20 oz peppermint oil
(shake it up) then add:
.50 oz Jojoba Oil (u can add ur own carrier ie. grapeseed, olive,etc)
filled the rest of the bottle wit MTG...... (the bacon smell is GONE... all i smell is the essential oils.)

from the responses ppl give about the odor.... i think ill take an essential oil smelling head any day!

hope this helps:D

:nono:if you are familiar with MTG:

I am using it for the front of my hair to grow it back, but my scalp is starting to get flaky. Is that sulfur buildup? or is that what MTG is suppose to do? kill away bad skin cells to grow hair out?

please reply thanks

^^^^That happened to me when I first started using Surge and when I first started the MTG. It might be that you are using too much....that was the case when I was getting flakes all behind my ears and on the back of my neck.

OR you might have a very mild allergy/sensitivity.

But try using just very, very, very small amounts. Like, drops massaged in.

Back