Ladies please help!!!!! NO NAPE

All of the ladies here have given great advice. This will help me also because my nape area is breaking and very short. It is about an inch in back.

Things I did wrong:

Tight ponytails
gel
not moisturizing
tight wraps
tight headbands

I think you should avoid all of the above things I did plus overlapping relaxers.

Some ladies mentioned bunning and protective styles and that's great but if you don't have much hair in the back, then it may not look great.

I tried the bun but it required that I pull all of my hair into a ponytail and my nape hair would not stay put unless I used gel, so the bun was not an option for me.

Instead I opt for hairstyles that cover my nape area while I try to repair it. Wearing my hair down works for me. Later this month I will be getting braids and wearing them down or in a loose bun.

Maybe you can try longer wigs or falls to cover your nape area while it is growing back.

Initially it will be hard but eventually you should see progress with the help given here.

I had the same problem when I joined in Jan 04. I'm happy to report my nape is about 8 inches long now. Here's what I did:

- Every night I used surge and castor oil , EVERY night on my scalp and hair in that section.
- I relaxed that area every OTHER relaxer. When I did relax that area I applied castor oil or olive oil before I went to the salon.
- stopped using heat in that area completely.
- when I got a touch up I insisted that she rinse that area first and soaked it in neutralizing poo while she was rinsing the rest of my hair and then insisted she change the towel she had wrapped around my neck once the touch up part was done.

All of these contributed to my nape area recovering.

HTH

Back