Ladies, Please Don't Let This Happen To You

janiebaby

Well, hopefully, this didn't happen to one of you:look:

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/local/man_steals_car_first_date

Man Accused of Stealing
Car on 1st Date

Updated: Friday, 28 Aug 2009, 10:18 PM EDT
Published : Friday, 28 Aug 2009, 11:55 AM EDT
FERNDALE, Mich. (AP) - Police say a first date went from bad to worse when a Detroit man skipped out on the restaurant bill, then stole his date's car.
FOX 2's Andrea Isom has more on this story. Use the video player to watch her report.

Twenty-three-year-old Terrance Dejuan McCoy was bound over Thursday to face trial in Oakland County Circuit Court on a charge of unlawfully driving away the woman's car, a five-year felony.

McCoy waived a preliminary exam in the case.

Police say McCoy dined with the 27-year-old Southfield woman April 24 at Buffalo Wild Wings in Ferndale.

The Daily Tribune of Royal Oak reports the woman told police McCoy said he left his wallet in her car and asked for her keys. He then sped away in the 2000 Chevrolet Impala.

Police identified McCoy using a photo he earlier sent to the woman's cell phone, as well as his phone number.

i heard about this, just crazy. first clue is they had a date at buffalo wild wings. lolol i love that place, but for a date? i'd be mad as hell. lmao

Apparently, they drove to dinner in her car. He said that he left his wallet in her car and asked for her car keys which had her wallet attached to them. After awhile she let him hold her car keys to get his wallet. He took too long getting his wallet so she checked on him and saw him leaving in her car. He then stole her car and sold everything inside of her car before he was caught.:nono:

Why would you give a (practically) a stranger your wallet? I can understand the keys thing because U wouldn't expect someone to steal my car on the first date. But your wallet. It probably would have taken 10 seconds to remove it.

hm. i would have went with him. that's crazy.

I would have went for him and called him from the car like "Your wallet isn't in here. How are you gonna pay for our meals?". Depending on what he says, I'll ride out. But, I wouldn't have drove him to our first date anyway, if anything, we would have come in separate cars since she only met him 2 days before sooooo.....:ohwell:

He's bold as heck. She had his name and his picture and he didn't think she'd call the police? :huh:

Maybe because she was willing to drive on them both for the first date AND eat at a fast food joint, she'd be a wuss and not call the police.

She must have made quite a weak/desperate impression on him.

I would have went for him and called him from the car like "Your wallet isn't in here. How are you gonna pay for our meals?". Depending on what he says, I'll ride out. But, I wouldn't have drove him to our first date anyway, if anything, we would have come in separate cars since she only met him 2 days before sooooo.....:ohwell:

Get out of my head!

Maybe because she was willing to drive on them both for the first date AND eat at a fast food joint, she'd be a wuss and not call the police.

She must have made quite a weak/desperate impression on him.

Naw see, times are hard out here and you can't get mad at a brotha who might not have a car or a decent job in a recession! See, you get all picky and you might miss out on a good man with some potential!

There's a lot of good men out there, but naw, sistas always wanna be askin' about a brotha's bank account. That's why they go to white women and why black women gonna end up alone. This woman just picked the wrong one, but there's a lot of good black men out there y'all might be passin' up just because they don't have transportation and money right now.

:look:

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

:p

Okay just in case it isn't clear as water......

Do NOT pick up your date, meet him at the place, if he says he has no ride then suggest a place where he can take a cab, bus or metro rail or something.
Do NOT go to a fast food joint for your first date or any food place for that matter, try Starbucks or some other coffee joint for coffee or tea, if you don't like where things are heading between you two then you can leave much sooner.

Naw see, times are hard out here and you can't get mad at a brotha who might not have a car or a decent job in a recession! See, you get all picky and you might miss out on a good man with some potential!

There's a lot of good men out there, but naw, sistas always wanna be askin' about a brotha's bank account. That's why they go to white women and why black women gonna end up alone. This woman just picked the wrong one, but there's a lot of good black men out there y'all might be passin' up just because they don't have transportation and money right now.

:look:

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

:p

Now Bunny you know that dude was a catch....

:rolleyes: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

I briefly dated a guy with the same first and last name as the car thief so I had to do a double take!

it was a 1984 crown vic, not an impala and i got it back & my cards were maxed before he got em so there!

^^^^^^^I hope this is a joke. Was I the only one who saw this?

N-E-WHO: This situation was pretty bad. My heart goes out to the girl. Better luck next time!

I would be too embarassed to call the police! I'd just cancel my credit cards and let him have the car.

She was dumb for giving up her keys. I think about stuff like this stranger practically has access to my HOME in his hands (although he wouldn't have my address) but she clearly was not thinking.

Back