LADIES OVERSEAS: Hair survival Tips!

Mahalialee4

For ladies overseas that have problems getting products to maintain their hair, here are some BASIC TRAINING IN HAIR CARE TIPS for you.

1. Protein Conditioning: Use 2 raw eggs once a week or every 2 weeks depending on time, whisk up with olive or any good healthy oil, or VEGETABLE Crisco if that is all that is available. Part hair and work gently into hair hours. Leave on for a couple of hours under a plastic bag… then take diluted shampoo and work through the hair, adding gradually, some boiled cooled water into the scalp area..just milk the shampoo down to the ends of the hair to avoid drying out your hair.. Rinse well with boiled water to which you add one of the following: a cap full of ( pop bottle bottle cap!!! full of)vinegar, lemon, or lime. Keep an empty spray bottle of the water mixture handy to last a couple of day..You can braid up your hair or leave down and pin it back and cover it with a thin piece of satin or silk and then put a plastic bag over it for the night, every night. This way if you braid or wrap your hair, it will keep the pinned up wrapped hairstyle or braids like brand new for a few days. Only remove silk/satin scarf a couple of hours before you have to go out socially. If you are able to get hold of a tiny container of SOYS SAUCE or tiny containers of MAYONNAISE you can also use these for excellent protein treatments.
2. For Moisturizers: Every opportunity you can ,STEAM YOUR HAIR UNDER A PLASTIC CAP till saturated from the body heat, then brush your hair back with your hands and if possible use some ALOE VERA GEL to make some waves, pin the hair back into a ponytail wrap (without the holder) cover with the scarf till dry, oil the ends with olive oil or whatever is available. If you can get a couple of containers of honey, mix this with some oil and do the steam thing and then rinse maintain the hair. Hope that this helps some sistah out there in the trenches or on the grou nd Be sure to add a touch of oil to your ends ever night if possible.
If any member has something they would like to share for these ladies, just add your tips here. Keep in mind that supplies and scarce or non existent for some...so think creatively !!!!bonjour

My friend is overseas in Japan and thinking about transitioning to natural. Right now her relaxed hair is dry dry and breaking. Any suggestions on what I can suggest or even mail her in a hair "care package"?

Thanks!

Oh yeah I think she doesn't have the confidence to transition right now or even know how. But her boyfriend is very supportive so she is considering it. I told her about stretching her relaxer but she is like "I NEED LOW MAINTENANCE." She aint the one to be in her head for over an hour. So I really need hints like the low and drrty of moisturizing relaxed hair and low maintenance transitioning for overseas ladies.

Last edited:
Back