Ladies On Fish Challenge/Eating More Fish...

pearlygurl

I decided to join the fish challenge(I think it's challenge :confused:) but I don't want to get bored making my fish the same ole way. I thought maybe we can have a thread where we post delicous recipes for preparing fish, marinades, etc. I'll start...

Salmon Marinade but I guess you can use it for any fish of your choice :)

Marinade Ingredients
/4 Cup olive oil
1 tbsp. Lemon pepper seasoning
1 tbsp. Fresh-squeezed lemon juice
1-2 Teaspoon each:
Dill weed
Fennel seeds
Brown sugar
Soy sauce
Optional:
Crushed garlic
Grated fresh ginger
Splash of white wine

Recipe
1. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients thoroughly.

2. An hour or so before cooking cut fillet into individual portions and completely coat with well-stirred marinade. (Tip: Place marinade and fish pieces into a large “zip-lock” bag, close carefully and turn until all pieces are evenly coated. Place in refrigerator until needed).

3. When ready to cook, preheat grill or broiler to high. Place fish on grill or under broiler skin side down. Fish may cook quickly, so be attentive. Remember the “ten minutes per inch” rule. Start thinner pieces after thicker ones.

4. Fish is done when meat flakes apart and is opaque all the way through. :lick:

have you ever heard the term "fish n chips"? well the other day i ate some baked fish with crackers and it was sooooo good. it makes for an awesome snack!

Also there is a mexican dish called ceviche. Instead of cooking the fish you place the fish in lemon/lime juice and let it stand for a few hours. The lemons/lime juice cooks the fish w/o heat. I've never tried, but i heard its really good.

Back