Ladies, on average how long did it take...

golden1

How long did it take you to go from chin length to APL?

The reason I am asking is because I need some encouragement because in July I had to shave all my hair off due to a medical condition but it is 3.5 inches now so I am wondering how long do I really have to wait for APL?

I am sure I can speed up my growth with topicals and vitamins. My diet sucks. I eat sugar all the time, no vegetables and I need to lose alot of weight so hopefully when I get my lifestyle together that will mean healthier hair as well.

I don't know but I went from a little fro about your length to brastrap in 2 years. I have pics in my fotki. HTH Q

WOW. I'm on my way to your fotki now. That is a very encouraging time frame.

Did you take vitamins, or us growth aides?

WOW. I'm on my way to your fotki now. That is a very encouraging time frame.

Did you take vitamins, or us growth aides?

Nope just babied my hair. I wash or co wash 2-3 times a week depending on the season with braids or twists in. Then once a week I take the braids out, wash, condition, detangle, grease scalp (winter) and put castor oil or avocado butter on my ends. I dc once a month. I get it pressed and trimmed every 6 months like the pic in my avatar. HTH Q

im trying to get to APL myself but make sure you eat those veggies missy.

to get optimal growth
scalp massage every night
drink lots of water
eat a balanced diet
exercise daily
get enough sleep

to retain length
moisturize daily
DC weekly
use little to no heat
use protective styles

Also break out your trusty ruler/tape measure. If you're hair grows the average of 1/2 inch per month, then use this as a guide to determine an estimated date of your goal.

Back