Ladies Need Advice

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

As I shared I don't wear braids, but since my accident I had someone braid it (did a thread about how tight they were), WEll I had a couple taken down and redid, but basically it has been 8 days now, usually I wash ever 3-4 and I have'nt really moistured every day I put coconut oil and dew on them maybe 3 times.

So, it's safe to say that I'm gonna have ALOT of breakage/shedding when I take them down hopefully this weekend which will be 12 days. My question is what should I do to minimize the breakage? Should I do a protien treatment or a moisturizing conditioner. I am 8 weeks post relaxer should I just go get a retouch? I concerned that if I do that the wavyness might confused the stylist into overlapping.

Or, since I still won't be able to properly care for my hair (this is killing me, I miss doin my hair) should I wash condition and rebraid for another week??

I would appreciate your advice on the best approach since I don't wear braids.

Mindy, You shouldn't have alot of shedding and breakage since you are getting your hair re-braided about every 12 days. I would not get a relaxer right away. I would shampoo, deep condition, re-braid and keep moisturized daily with some type of spray until you can take care of your own hair again.

I think you should do an hot oil, then protein treatment follow up with moisterizing conditioner under a warm damp towel or heat cap. If the braids aren't excessively tight-if nothing is coming out, then you should be ok. There's always some shedding when taking braids out b/c you haven't combed your hair and it's just what would usually come out in 2 weeks coming out in one day that's all.
If you put them back in braids-
1. USE BRAID SPRAY ON SCALP AND DOWN LENGTH OF BRAIDS(African Pride) makes a very good one
2. OIL YOUR SCALP AND DOWN LENGTH OF BRAIDS
3. USE AFRICAN SHEA BUTTER ON THE BRAIDS AND SCALP
4. GET TRIMMS IN BETWEEN BRAIDINGS
when needed or you'll just be putting those split ends back into the braids to reek havoc on your heathier strands.
<font color="orange">Remeber Wanakee's rule: what goes up dry (in a protective style) comes down dry. </font>
hth

Thanks Nita. I was kinda leaning toward not relaxing right now so I'm glad you confirmed that.

Lucia, The Braid spray is it oil? Or a Mixture Do they have it at sallys.

Hi Mindy,
The braid spray is waterlike but does give a glossy look. You can get it at sally's and it does work great.
Peace,

Back