Ladies...if you haven't already...invest in this!

Erica78

Coils coils & more coils!
Ladies...if you haven\'t already...invest in this!

I'm talking about a shower filter! They really do make all the difference.
smile.gif
I wish that I would have made this investment back in December when I first started my healthy hair regimen!

I really didn't think I had hard water in my area. At first...my hair didn't show any of the classic hard water signs (hardness/breakage/dryness ect). My only problem was split ends. I know that everyone has a few...but my hair had an excessive amount. Thinking that the problem could have been caused by one of the products that I was using...I frequently changed my conditioners and shampoos...yet...I would still see a ton of splits. I also noticed this Summer that my ends were pretty frizzy as well. It didn't cross my mind until recently that the problem could be my water (the only constant thing in my regimen). My state isn't listed as one of the areas that has a hard water problem....so I waited....and waited....and waited some more. I would read post after post of people recommending them...but still...I was hesitant. Finally....After months of procrastinating...I decided to purchase a Sprite High Output Shower Filter @ solutionsforhealthyliving.com. I felt a difference in my hair in less then a week! My conditioners work better...my hair is softer...no frizzy ends...and my hair is easier to detangle. I was using Distilled water rinses just in case I had hard water...but now that I've tried both...Distilled water just doesn't compare to the shower filter.

Don't let the installation process scare you off! My filter was oh so easy to install. Just screwed it on...and *tada*...purer water.
up.gif

Even if you don't think that you have hard water...make sure that you invest in some type of shower filter (especially if you started washing more frequently). If I had made this investment in the beginning...I don't think that I would have needed trims so frequently! Your hair will thank you for it.
weird.gif

Re: Ladies...if you haven\'t already...invest in this!

How can you tell if you have hard water in your area?

how do u attach. I just paid too much money for a huge showerhead (u know the ones that make u feel like u r standing in the rain). Anyway I dont want to get rid of that so can I use the filter w/ my shower head.

Xcellence...for the model that I purchased...all I had to do was screw it on like a regular shower head. Mine is kind of big as well though. I'm 5'8...and if I was about 2 inches taller...I would be bumpin my big head on it.

[ QUOTE ]
Tene said:
How can you tell if you have hard water in your area?

[/ QUOTE ]

Here are some of the signs that I have read about...

Your hair feels hard/crunchy...
If you have a lot of residue build up after washing...
Your hair is very hard to detangle...
Your shampoo doesn't lather well...
If you dye your hair...it can make the color look brassy...

There are also test kits available. I have never used one though.

http://www.nappturality.com/modules/wfsection/article.php?articleid=28 -good article about hard water....

Hard Water Chart
http://water.usgs.gov/owq/map1.jpeg

I am looking into getting one just to cut down on the amount of cholorine touching my skin. Where did you get yours from? TIA Q

Last edited:

I got mine from Home Depot & it was the best $20 I've spent. I can truly tell a difference. It comes with a filter & you won't have to change it for quite a while. My filter is supposed to last for a year. It's just like one of those filter systems you screw onto your sink spout for drinking water only larger.

is the water pressure the same with the filter?

[ QUOTE ]
MsKibibi said:
is the water pressure the same with the filter?

[/ QUOTE ]

No it's not the same. The pressure with this filter is some-what strong...but not nearly as strong as it is with a regular filter. I have read in previous filter posts where people didn't really care for the pressure...but it's not that bad with this particular model.

Back