Ladies I think i'm losing my natchal battle

I just wasted 2 hrs maxigliding to get Chaka Khan hair so I feel your pain.

Honestly Bre, everytime I see you IRL you've straightened your hair. When you do updates, your hair is straight. So it makes sense that you'd want to do something that would make wearing straight hair easier. :look:

If you wanna re-lax, tex-lax, bone-lax, chill-lax or ex-lax go head and do the damn thang.

Honestly Bre, everytime I see you IRL you've straightened your hair. When you do updates, your hair is straight. So it makes sense that you'd want to do something that would make wearing straight hair easier. :look:

If you wanna re-lax, tex-lax, bone-lax, chill-lax or ex-lax go head and do the damn thang.

:lachen:

I'm sorry you are having such a struggle. I just pull my hair into a bun until the weekend when I straighten. Have you thought about trying to simplify your routine to make "doing" your hair less daunting?

No, i don't wear it down daily, but I sure would love to in a nice flowy style on a regular basis. I would love to be able to rollerset and have soft flowy hair, and just think I wouldn't even need to flatiron it and it won't sweat out.

You are right though, I may end up regretting it, or you never know..i may love it (i am so torn lol)

I hear you about the twists and such.

I have been "almost" apl in the back for like 6 months or so. I just have a feeling these knots and tangles and such are hindering my progress. I should be APL by now :wallbash:

hang in there and dnot decide on your hair just cause youre frustrated there are alot of options.
1st id dust trimm off the ends evry 3 months for a while until I got less knots, then you could trimm only when you need to. another thing that almost getsbrid of thos knots altogether is deep moisterizing conditioner treatments.
while you're using any of the options you can experiment with natural styles and find products that work for your hair if you want to wear it natural in all its curliness.

you got alot of good advice i ll add some more options
option 1: wig it
wear a wig while deciding what to do your hair would be resting you could co wash daily and test out the bone straght relaxer look w/o the commitment. from what you said IMO evrytime you had to get a touch up, or tried to stretch and deal with the 2 textures you might regret relaxing.

option 2: phonyponytail
slick your real hair back with gel and stuff then have your real pony protected under the phony.

option 3: braids
braid it and forget it except for moisturizing misting spray daily.

if you decide to relax or textyrize think it hrough 1st dont make an impulse decision out of frustration.

heres some websites with curlfreindly products hth

http://www.curve-salon.com/products.htm
formerly curve

http://www.curls.biz/

http://fromnaturewithlove.com/
great for natural butters and oils good prices too I get avacado butter from them love it it's my fav hair butter

http://www.kinky-curly.com/
love the kinkycurly custard all in 1 styling moisturizing gel you dont have to use alot, havent tried the leave in yet but I will soon

edited for wrong links

Last edited:

:lachen:

I'm sorry you are having such a struggle. I just pull my hair into a bun until the weekend when I straighten. Have you thought about trying to simplify your routine to make "doing" your hair less daunting?

hang in there and dnot decide on your hair just cause youre frustrated there are alot of options.
1st id dust trimm off the ends evry 3 months for a while until I got less knots, then you could trimm only when you need to. another thing that almost getsbrid of thos knots altogether is deep moisterizing conditioner treatments.
while you're using any of the options you can experiment with natural styles and find products that work for your hair if you want to wear it natural in all its curliness.

you got alot of good advice i ll add some more options
option 1: wig it
wear a wig while deciding what to do your hair would be resting you could co wash daily and test out the bone straght relaxer look w/o the commitment. from what you said IMO evrytime you had to get a touch up, or tried to stretch and deal with the 2 textures you might regret relaxing.

option 2: phonyponytail
slick your real hair back with gel and stuff then have your real pony protected under the phony.

option 3: braids
braid it and forget it except for moisturizing misting spray daily.

if you decide to relax or textyrize think it hrough 1st dont make an impulse decision out of frustration.

heres some websites with curlfreindly products hth

www.missjessies.com
formerly curve

www.mixedchicks.com

www.fromnaturewithlove.com
great for natural butters and oils good prices too I get avacado butter from them love it it's my fav hair butter

www.kinkycurly.com
love the kinkycurly custard all in 1 styling moisturizing gel you dont have to use alot, havent tried the leave in yet but I will soon
I really appreciate you all taking the time to help me think this through. I promise i will not do anything rash. I think I do need to hide my hair for a little while or do "something" so i don't have hair on the brain for a few weeks.

Coily, chill-lax or ex-lax??? :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

I texturise my DD's hair with Just for me texture softener If you want to keep your hair curly maybe you can let the product less than they say .
GOOD LUCK. Cecilie .

Hey Fab I'm also dealing with everything you said in your post. Knots, tangles and I know I should have been APL by now...I'm way behind schedule. :ohwell:

I would say try some wigs or half wigs just for a new style and keep your hair braided or plaited underneath for a week. At least you won't have to worry about your hair for a week while trying some fun wig styles.

I feel your pain.

My transition is currently making me nuts. Denver Girl is my transition buddy and we are both on the edge right now.

She played a dirty trick on me last night...Grrrr.

DG, you know what you did.

I always refer to my hair as that "Rudy Huxtable" type hair. But this stuff is thicker than I ever imagined.

I love the thickness and I'm sure you love your thickness too but Hot Damn! It's crazy!

I feel your pain.

My transition is currently making me nuts. Denver Girl is my transition buddy and we are both on the edge right now.

She played a dirty trick on me last night...Grrrr.

DG, you know what you did.

I always refer to my hair as that "Rudy Huxtable" type hair. But this stuff is thicker than I ever imagined.

I love the thickness and I'm sure you love your thickness too but Hot Damn! It's crazy!

:curtain:

I :heart2: you Mook!

Because i love natural hair and i don't want to be bothered with perming my hair every 8wks, or 12 wks or however long it will be for me. Also, I don't want my daughter to grow up thinking that natural hair is not acceptable, i want to set a good example for her.

That's exactly what I fear as well... I don't want to fdeal with long trips to salons to pay for others to mess up my hair, and at the same time I don't want that commitment. I have hope that over time I can modify my txture without commitment through use of henna, or baking soda (although it did not work) or even supplements.

I don't hate my hair, but a more evenly laced curl pattern would be of good cheer to me.

I feel your pain Bre. I'm transitioning for the second time and right now I'm frustrated because I've been air drying since April, I would rollerset but the humidity is making me fearful of wasting my time. It will get easier!

Bre, honestly, I wouldn't texlax. If I were to ever go back to chems, I would relax straight.

If you are concerned about knots, tangles, shrinkage, etc., then texlaxing is not the solution. Shrinkage isn't as bad, but you still have tangles and knots, but you have to be MORE careful with it because your hair has been weakened from chemicals.

I agree with JCoily...if you wear your hair straight all the time anyway, and you REALLY don't think you can stay natural and be happy, then do you. But I don't recommend texlaxing. Especially not for thick heads.:nono:

Good luck with whatever you decide, girl. We're here for you!!!

Back