Ladies I Need Your Help...........

What forums do you spend the majority of your time in?

• Hair Care Tips and Product Review Discussion

Votes: 35 89.7%
  • Exchange or sell your hair products board

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Hair Recipe Board

• Entertainment / Celebrity Gossip and News

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • Off Topic Discussion

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • Christian Fellowship Forum

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Health and Fitness Discussion

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Skin Care Discussion

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Fashion Forum

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Vendor Review Discussion

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Miz_Complexity

I have decided to do my Human Communications final project about LHCF. I am working on the idea of computer mediated communication and how effective it is when getting the message out to the masses. Apparently communication on this website is very effective because you can see the progression of growing and maintaining healthy hair.

I just have a couple of questions to ask. So feel free to answer the questions. If you have any suggestions on what else I should discuss let me know. I am thanking you all in advance.

1. Why did you decide to join LHCF?
2. How has LHCF help you take better care of your hair?
3. How long did it take you to make and or reach you hair care goals?
4. Do you have a better understanding what types of what your hair type is and what vitamins, products, and styling tools affective in growing your hair?
5. What books and websites were most effective in you quest for healthy hair?

Now that I am very disciplined with my hair, I need to become more disciplined with my body. There's a lot of support at H&F that I need.

My hair was breaking off, and the ladies here taught me how to care for my hair myself, instead of relying on salons.

By teaching me about new products and hair care methods that I never knew of, and my enhancing those methods I do know of.

I am still in the process of reaching my goals, but I know that it will not take me long to achieve them.

4. Do you have a better understanding what types of what your hair type is and what vitamins, products, and styling tools affective in growing your hair?
Yes, most definitely! :grin:

LCHF! Andre Talks Hair by Andre Walker.

Last edited:
-My hair had grown to my shoulders and I need info on how to take care of it, ho to maintain length, as well as how to grow it.

-Learned about stretching relaxers, moisturizers, baggie method, protein treatments, and protective styles

-still on the journey

-yes

-LHCF
-ubhpublications.com
-http://www.growafrohairlong.com/

I had stopped wearing weaves and braids and want to grow out my natural hair.

I've learned the difference between different type of hair treatments

About a year, but had a recent set back.

Yes. But trial and error work best for me.

Cathy Howse and LHCF.

The boards I spend the majority of my time in are:
Hair Care Tips
Off Topic
Christian

To achieve longer, healthier hair

Introduced me to several techniques and good advice

To make hair care goals: instantly
To reach hair care goals: still in progress

I'm still a little confused about the hair typing system but I do have a better understanding of vitamins, products, and styling tools that aid in hair care

Long Hair Care Forum
Grow Afro Hair Long (Robin Woods "Hair Lady" Site)
Motown Girl

Hair was dry and breaking. I did search on the specific products that I was using and found LHCF and there was helpful info here.

Figure out a basic regime and eliminating products that do not work well for me.

Still working on it.

Not really sure about hair type but yes to vitamins, products, and styling tools.

LHCF, looking at member albums and websites, growafrohairlong.com

1. Why did you decide to join LHCF? Because of the amount of information available. I had visited other forums/sites but LHCF quality of information was far more superior IMHO.
2. How has LHCF help you take better care of your hair? It has taught me how to create & maintain regimen. Introduced me to great products and information about supplements.
3. How long did it take you to make and or reach you hair care goals? I reached my first goal in about a year.
4. Do you have a better understanding what types of what your hair type is and what vitamins, products, and styling tools affective in growing your hair? Very much so!
LHCF & growafrohairlong.com

I had previously joined other hair forums, but the reason why i joined LHCF was because the ladies who were apart of this forum. They seemed very helpful and knowledgeable. I also liked how the board always had new discussions and was not going at a snails pace.

Ive stopped using heat, stretching my relaxer, and when i get off track i just have to look at the albums of these ladies and it puts me right back on track.

I have not reached my hair goal of mid back yet, but my hair is thriving and is much healthier then it was a year ago. There are comparison shots in my albums...

Yes, Before i would use whatever was in the house...but i have come to love the nexxus line.

5. What books and websites were most effective in you quest for healthy hair
LHCF!
BHM
and growafrohairlong.com

I joined when I had my natural hair and didn't know what to do with it.

When I was natural I used to press my hair all the time. I learned a lot since then and still learning

From May 04 to Dec 04 I when from hear length to shoulder. Still working on my goal to armpit

Yes I do and everytime I check the forum I learn something new

Since I found this forum I never left because most of the info I found here is repeated in the other website. Sometimes I read magazines at the BS

Glad I could help. Good luck

Last edited:
After deciding to try to grow my hair to my waist, I went looking for info. on how other people have done it. I discovered LHCF and found like I had struck gold. I joined because there were actually people here who had accomplished a goal I was setting for myself, and I thought that I could learn from them how to grow my hair longer.

For me, the product recommendations and technique reccomendations have been wonderful. And when I have a desire to cut my hair, I just logon and check out some of the albums of others who have reached their goals, and it makes me step away from the scissors.

I originally had a goal of waist, then I switched my goal to my current length. It has taken me about two years to reach my goal.

I don't know that I really believe in "hair type." I do think that I have a better understanding of what to use and what not to use on my hair. I also think that LHCF helps you to identify individuals who have hair similar to yours, so you can pretty much figure that if the products work for them, then they will probably work for you, too.

I like Lisa Akbari's book, which has really good shampoo techniques. I also like Carolyn Gray's Web site, and the hairoil.com Web site and the hairlady's Web site just for the pictures.

Miz_Complexity said:
I have decided to do my Human Communications final project about LHCF. I am working on the idea of computer mediated communication and how effective it is when getting the message out to the masses. Apparently communication on this website is very effective because you can see the progression of growing and maintaining healthy hair.

I just have a couple of questions to ask. So feel free to answer the questions. If you have any suggestions on what else I should discuss let me know. I am thanking you all in advance.

I wanted to grow long hair

I have learned so many beneficial things. How to condition, moisturize and using protein.
Still trying to get there :)
yes!
Cathy Hoswe and Andre hair books as well as hair articles and info from the LHCF ladies.

1. Why did you decide to join LHCF? I'd moved to a new area and couldn't find a stylist I liked so I started doing my own hair for the first time in my life. Was online searching for tips on haircare and found the site. Joined because the layout was user friendly, the vibe mellow and the info most helpful.

2. How has LHCF help you take better care of your hair? More than anything, I can now diagnose and treat hair issues that I previously just accepted. For instance, now when I get breakage I can tell if it's becasue the strands are weak (and need protein) or dry (and need moisture).

3. How long did it take you to make and or reach you hair care goals? My first goal was to get my hair in shape and learn how to maintain it's health. It took almost a year because for a long time I was trying everything I read about instead of paying attention to what actually worked for me.

4. Do you have a better understanding what types of what your hair type is and what vitamins, products, and styling tools affective in growing your hair? I understand about hair types but don't find it useful at all. The other things have been incredibly helpful in retaining growth (although not necessarily in growing hair).

5. What books and websites were most effective in you quest for healthy hair? Just this site. The ladies of LHCF are pretty active in the hair game so they come back and paraphrase, critique and analyze all the other stuff. I visit other hair boards now but I find this one the most informative, if only for the archives.

Back