LAdies...I need you!!! Right now.

Mook's hair

I am doing my own kinky twists extensions for the first time.
I think they are coming out OK. But I need your input.
Also can anyone tell me how to the them right up against my scalp.
I am not using the braid first method. I'm using the Braids by Sabrina Method where you twist the hair into your own hair.

Does this look ok?
Also I'll take any maintenance tips too.

IMG_3461.jpg

IMG_3460.jpg

they look fine to me, and to keep them up of course silk or satin scarf and keep the scalp moisturized with what ever products you use. Let us know how this goes for you, I had terrible breakage from these when I had them in 04.

I am sitting here with conditioner in my hair contemplating whether or not to go and get some kinky twist hair and start doing my own. I actually want to do flat twist extensions.

Anyways....

You seem to be doing a excellent job. And if you want to get them tighter against your scalp I think Sabrina pretty much said that you have to make sure you start the two separate twist TIGHTLY. Make sure the right twist is tight and the left twist is tight before you began the two strand twist.

BUT HONESTLY, I can't figure out how you expect to get them any tighter. They look pretty much safely close up against your scalp.

They look good! I would put a scarf on at night. What kind of hair did you use and how are you going to do the ends!

Girl!!! Those look GREAT!
Do a youtube and show us this method!!!
I always do braid first and have tried this--but cant do it (yet)

ETA: Please :lol:

Honestly, I only came in to see the pics! But they look great and it looks like I'll be stopping by to get mine done next! :)

Mook..how do I personalize my own banner at the bottom of my siggy? What website do I go to?

I'm a designer and I do them myself I use adobe photoshop, I've made a few for members here too.
PM me.

Thanks ladies. These are starting to come along nicely. I think I just had to get used to the different technique.

I have no advice to offer, but they look really good :yep:! I wanted some but can't see myself w/WL+ kinky twists :ohwell: I need to work on my braid and twists skills. Yours always look good!

oh wow! you should do a tutorial on how you added it at the root. I could never figure it out and tried to find videos on it. I start my extension kinky twist off with braids first then twist the rest of the way down. How did you start it at the roots like that? That looks really good. It blends so well!

They look lovely! I've never tried that method, but it appears that you have it down well.

My only input is that if you have fine hair as I do making the parts smaller or adding more hair gives the twists a fuller look.

They look great! Good Job!
I haven't been able to find anybody to do them this way out here...they all start by braiding it and I like them the way you've done yours.

Back