Ladies, I NEED HELP!! (Pics)

foxieroxienyc

So the last time I relaxed my hair I underprocessed it. I was coming off of an 8 week stretch, lots of NG, and I smoothed with my fingers instead of with a comb like I normally do. So the result ended up with me having huge patches of underprocessed roots... :wallbash::ohwell: On relaxer day all was smooth, but then the texture started to reveal itself in the washings afterwards...

On the one hand I loooove the thickness... On the other hand, the 50-11 textures is KILLING ME. I'm starting to see a little more breakage than usual, and I'm afraid of a set back happening. It's not a lot, but just enough to keep me on my toes to find a solution.

I'm doing EVERYTHING IN MY POWER to not attempt a quick corrective TODAY.... Yeah I relaxed last week. I know I know, wait until I'm about 4 weeks or more post to do correctives, however, I really can't take it. There's this small patch at my nape that looks like IT'S NEVER EVEN HEARD OF A RELAXER BEFORE. :wallbash::rolleyes: I don't even know what's up with that. I may just say forget it and go to a stylist.

What should I do?

Air-dried, no heat, Caruso Rollers to bump ends
Airdried_CarusoSet-vi.jpg

Wet texture of my hair, up near the roots where I have been relaxing for the last few months is a lot curlier than when my stylist was relaxing which is a lot straighter toward the ends:
Oct_WetTexture-vi.jpg

Flat-ironed hair looks thicker and healthy, this is this morning and I haven't flat-ironed in 2-3 days or so. I just took down my cross wrap, and didn't do much else to it. So after sweating, those roots start reverting, and poofs everything out. It still looks ok, I'm not really complaining, but you can see the uneven parts in the front and the back (to the hair scrutinizing eye)...

oct_flatiron-vi.jpg

Really bad in the front:
UnderProccess_Top-vi.jpg

Top left corner....
Underproces_FlatIron-vi.jpg

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: My stylist told me she didn't bone straighten my hair, um well my ends are straight when they dry, and the rest now just poofs. I don't know what to do. I'm kinda torn. As you see above, wash and go for me does not result in defined waves which is part of the reason I like to use my flat-iron. But I did rock the hell out of that big hair after, so it wasn't completely untamed. Should I just get a corrective to fix it all and go completely straight? I was going to just go over the roots/underprocessed areas that need it most for like 5-7 mins (Silk Elements Mild Lye). Or am I bugging out over something really stupid? Am I tex-laxed, or jack-laxed?

Last edited:
Awwww! I don't have an answer but I'm givin hugs to Foxy!!! It doesn't look that bad Foxie though. I would just bun it up until 3 more weeks and then get a corrective

If it were me, I'd just bun it up for a few weeks till I got my corrective :yep:

Since you're having breakage, it's probably at the spot where the relaxed and underprocessed parts meet. The underprocessed part might be dry and fragile, just like a line of demarcation. How often do you dc? Dc'ing more frequently might help with the breakage

It's not really a lot of breakage, only if I like comb, and it's only a few pieces, but I'm used to not having very much at all.

I DC 2x a week with heat, and I also co-wash often. Luckily my moisture levels are fine. I am going to do a hard-core aphogee today and a long moisturizing dc to follow. I think that may help. The hair is still soft to the touch. Thankfully!

It's not a huge deal with the hair, it's just those top underprocessed areas, and the small section of the nape that are driving me batty. I'm trying to decipher if it's just my imagination or if there is a huge problem that needs to be adressed!

Hi Foxie!

I'm looking at the pics, and it doesn't look as bad as you described. However, if I was in your situation, I would just keep bunning until the next corrective and try to avoid heat until then also. I personally would wait even longer than 4 weeks and probably go back to a stylist in 6 to 8 weeks.
Sorry I couldn't give you anymore advice than that.

Hope it all works out, whatever you decide to do.

It's not really a lot of breakage, only if I like comb, and it's only a few pieces, but I'm used to not having very much at all.

I DC 2x a week with heat, and I also co-wash often. Luckily my moisture levels are fine. I am going to do a hard-core aphogee today and a long moisturizing dc to follow. I think that may help. The hair is still soft to the touch. Thankfully!

It's not a huge deal with the hair, it's just those top underprocessed areas, and the small section of the nape that are driving me batty. I'm trying to decipher if it's just my imagination or if there is a huge problem that needs to be adressed!

I see and understand what you are saying. I would limit combing when hair is dry and bun for a few weeks until you can correct those underprocessed areas.

I hope your hair gets back to normal soon.

Last edited:
I did a corrective after a Motions lye relaxer tried killing me.....That mess BURNSSSSS!!

so i went back to my Olive oil relaxer no lye which i Looooooveeeee

Foxie - you hair looks nice - but you know your hair. If you are anything like me, it is going to drive you crazy until you get it corrected. Back in July I did a corrective relaxer and waited four weeks due to the same situation and never looked back.

I just made sure that I maintained my protein and deep conditioning so my hair is strong enough to handle another relaxer so soon as my hair is fine - (your hair reminds me of mine) If I were you, I would do a corrective the week of Thanksgiving.

HTH

OP, your hair story sounds EXACTLY like mine.... down to the finger-smoothed relaxer and all...:look: I have actually been underprocessed for about 14 weeks now, and fortunately, i have not seen any breakage...this is what has worked for me...

**bunning about 80-90% of the time
**combing ONLY on wash days
**only wash/co-wash every 5-6 days...(my hair gets puffy after co-washes)
**THICK conditioner, parnevu hair mayo...pulls the hair down and reduces frizz
**PM Super Skinny or Redken Smooth Down also help with frizzies
**I usually air-dry to 80% then blow-dry to remove shed- hairs. I then flat-iron my hair in 1 inch sections...if/when my hair poofs up, (which is usually that same day or the next) I'm back to buns:rolleyes: I'm going to get my next relaxer around thanksgiving:yep: hth....

this weekend I did a whole egg/oil pre-poo (30 min). I had added strength from the protein, managability, AND sheen...my hair loved it... I also did a dusting, which helped with my tangles

Last edited:
Back