Ladies, I have a great idea!!!

We did this on another board and had a lot of fun!! I liked that we didn't just stick natural to natural and relaxed to relaxed. My buddy was a relaxed lady starting at shoulder length hair trying to get to APL. I was only 2" trying to get to NL. We had no problems encouraging each other. Healthy hair practices are pretty universal.

Can I lurk and lend some encouragement from time to time, if that's okay? :)

prettybyrd how are things going? Ive been dcing alot and cowashing but I feel like im over manipulating so I might braid my hair up and start wigging it. I want to try and roller set but I dont want more manipulation.

prettybyrd how are things going? Ive been dcing alot and cowashing but I feel like im over manipulating so I might braid my hair up and start wigging it. I want to try and roller set but I dont want more manipulation.

Hey HairPleezeGrow! I took down some cornrows on Monday. I was going to install my own crochet braids and failed miserably! :grin: I'll be wigging it, too. There's an old school wig shop not far from my job, per my co-worker, so I think I'll try to find it this weekend and get my self some hair!

You may really like a roller set. I do. I exercise daily, so wearing my hair stretched is a waste of time because I sweat like mad, but I find them really nice on natural hair and a great way to stretch the hair. If you roller set, do you plan to pin curl your hair at night? I say give it a shot! I mean, if you set your hair once a week, then pin curl at night, that's not really too much manipulation. Try it for a week! :yep: Also, how often are you DCing and CWing? What's your regimen?

Yesterday, I got my Gleau oil and b.a.s.k products. I think I may like them separately, but Gleau and Sevenfold butter create an oily mess...ugh! Next time I place an order, I'm going to try the Chocolate DC you mentioned in the other thread.

Okay...I'm rambling! :drunk:

Any one still out in the cold wanna buddy up with me. This will work so well for me since i'm in so many challenges and my forgetful mind will bounce on me.

Oooh--I wanna do this! I'm 4a/4b mix, coarse, with gray hairs trying to take over my hairline, along with a wicked streak on my right side. I'm transitioning (6mos post) and hair lazy so I tend to do alot of PS's. Ideally I wanna transition 3yrs. Somebody please adopt me!!!

I'll take a buddy or be part of a group. I'm natural, 4a (I think), s shaped curls & o shaped coils at the nape. I'm APL, color treated, fine to normal strands, normal density. My ambitious goal for the end of 2013 is MBL.

My mentions act funny and are very hit or miss. You can always PM me!

Hey HairPleezeGrow! I took down some cornrows on Monday. I was going to install my own crochet braids and failed miserably! :grin: I'll be wigging it, too. There's an old school wig shop not far from my job, per my co-worker, so I think I'll try to find it this weekend and get my self some hair!

You may really like a roller set. I do. I exercise daily, so wearing my hair stretched is a waste of time because I sweat like mad, but I find them really nice on natural hair and a great way to stretch the hair. If you roller set, do you plan to pin curl your hair at night? I say give it a shot! I mean, if you set your hair once a week, then pin curl at night, that's not really too much manipulation. Try it for a week! :yep: Also, how often are you DCing and CWing? What's your regimen?

Yesterday, I got my Gleau oil and b.a.s.k products. I think I may like them separately, but Gleau and Sevenfold butter create an oily mess...ugh! Next time I place an order, I'm going to try the Chocolate DC you mentioned in the other thread.

Okay...I'm rambling! :drunk:

See I dont plan to pin curl every night lol. So yeah rollersets wont work. My regi is actually simple but bc im applying my oil mix (with sulfur) to my scalp every noght im cowashing at least 3 times a week and dcing twice instead of once. I dk why! I guess dcing once will surfice. I havent tried all of bask products just the choc dc and the tapioca (its heavenly) the tapioca smells so good and its kind of a light hair cream to me. Be sure you post about the wig shop. I was looking at u part wigs on Alixpress. Have you ever heard if them or shopped there before? I may post a thread to get more info on it.

Ooooo I want one! I wish I had more stats on my hair, but I'm in crochet braids right now. I'm some type of 4, at least shoulder length (probably more, don't really do length checks), 1 yr natural on Dec 21st, and hoping to be MBL by the end of 2013. I'll update my stats once I take out these braids.

Back