LADIES....I DID IT...

LadyBlu

Gotcha! I finally broke down and wore (drumroll please) my first fall!

I guess it looks OK, but I still have this whole "thing" about wearing a wig...well at least a fall like I'm wearing now. I am currently waiting for my custom lace wig to come, so I bought a fall just to try to get used to the wig feel.

I need the wig vets to help me out. First of all...at 11 weeks post, my texlaxed hair doesn't match the texture of the wig at all. Even if I were relaxed bone straight, my hair would not be that shiny and straight, so I am having major issues with "blending". In fact, today, I ended up tying a satin headband around my head to cover the demarcation line.

I tried baby powder, but it still shines too much. Any suggestions on dulling the hair down some?

I have already cut the fall shorter to make it look more natural, but it is really full? Where can I cut some hair out to take some of the fullness out without ruining the wig?

The combs concern me a little. Isn't that too much pulling? Do any of you cut out the combs?

My biggest question...how do you make sure the thing doesn't come off? I put a few hair pins in it, but I am concerned it's going to fall off! Help!

what about soaking the fall in ACV to get the alkaline base off, that should get rid of the shine. you can also use kemi oyl, oil sheen, or a clear semi permanent to add shine to your hair. HTH

The combs concern me a little. Isn't that too much pulling? Do any of you cut out the combs?

Some ladies remove the combs and only use pins. I only use the front comb and I coat it with castor oil and so far I have not had any breakage at all. After a while you'll get used to the feel of it.

Some ladies remove the combs and only use pins. I only use the front comb and I coat it with castor oil and so far I have not had any breakage at all. After a while you'll get used to the feel of it.

That's a great suggestion! Thanks, I'm going to try that with my combs.:yep:

Back