Ladies, HELP ME find a lace wig to wear to two important events!!

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
Ladies,

There are two important upcoming events within the span of a week: an important wedding (November 17) and Thanksgiving party (November 22).

I have just learned that I will be in a wedding (long story). Rather than halting my stretch or getting my hair blown dry or pressed (I don't want direct heat), I would like to purchase a nice, appropriate lace wig to wear to this wedding. I'd like to wear the same wig to a Thanksgiving/pre-Christmas party that my father is throwing.

This week, I will reached 17 weeks post relaxer and want to continue my very successful stretch without applying direct heat.

Do you lovely ladies know where I can purchase nice lace wigs that look natural, made of human hair?

(This goes especially to those who live in the D.C./MD area.)

Thanks, as always!

SP :kiss:

Thanks so much natalied and HoneyDew!! :kiss:

Please forgive me for asking, but how did you measure your head? Did you use a tape measure? Do you add on an inch or so to accommodate new growth? That would probably work, I would think. I have small head. That's all I know.

Thanks so much natalied and HoneyDew!! :kiss:

Please forgive me for asking, but how did you measure your head? Did you use a tape measure? Do you add on an inch or so to accommodate new growth? That would probably work, I would think. I have small head. That's all I know.

the way the lady did mine was she put the tape measure around my head to measure it...

you may be better off ordering a stock wig because if you order a custom it could take some weeks for them to make it and be here in time(thats my understanding of it)...

some of the vendor websites also tell u how to go about taking measurements also.

you may want to go on BHM and youtube(there are ppl that have made videos of application methods).

Nevermind about the question about measuring. I figured it out and visited those websites. Phew...didn't realize lace wigs were so expensive. Good Lawd!!!:spinning:

Serenity, your hair is at a nice length. Do you think you can do a twist out and put it into a pretty updo? Or, can you get some stylish cornrow type braids, or maybe flat twist the crown and do the back in an updo?

the way the lady did mine was she put the tape measure around my head to measure it...

you may be better off ordering a stock wig because if you order a custom it could take some weeks for them to make it and be here in time(thats my understanding of it)...

some of the vendor websites also tell u how to go about taking measurements also.

you may want to go on BHM and youtube(there are ppl that have made videos of application methods).

Co-signing on blackhairmedia.com! They have a whole section on lacefronts. I would probably wear a weave too. The events are pretty close together. Also, you're about 5 months post...right? All of that manipulation could cause breakage...

O.K. I just read your post...yes lacefronts are expensive:wallbash:! I think price was the only thing stopping that PJ urge and not buying one. Maybe a full weave? Even a fall made of human hair....

O.K. I just read your post...yes lacefronts are expensive:wallbash:! I think price was the only thing stopping that PJ urge and not buying one. Maybe a full weave? Even a fall made of human hair....

thats what I would do...get a fall. Or even just get a phony pony and be creative and create a pretty updo with it. then the rest of your hair can be pulled taught so it will look straight and just tie the edges with a scarf to let them dry and they should dry straight. I did that when I was natural and it worked.

I had one of those wigs and it was a big waste of money...it didnt look right and I couldnt get it attached correctly...it was a big mess. I had all the best products that were supposed to be used to attach (I had the glues and the tapes). It wouldnt stay put. Keep in mind I live in FL though. On top of that it looked wiggy to me. I was really mad at myself for wasting the money. I was so mad I threw it away. I could have at least sold it lol. But it was custom made so the measurements were for my head. Ive had friends wear the 3/4 wigs aka falls and carry them off with style. if you use some oils/serum and tie your hair down with a scarf u could probably get the front part to look fairly straight.

lets put it this way....a year later my fiance (then boyfriend) got up the nerve to tell me he is glad I never wore that thing again bc it looked like an animal on my head :lachen:.:nono:

Now Im really mad bc I couldve bought my beloved pibbs with that money lol.

Serenity, your hair is at a nice length. Do you think you can do a twist out and put it into a pretty updo? Or, can you get some stylish cornrow type braids, or maybe flat twist the crown and do the back in an updo?

I agree. She does not need to spend all that money on one of those things.

Bre, OT, but LOVE the cute pics of your baby girl.

lets put it this way....a year later my fiance (then boyfriend) got up the nerve to tell me he is glad I never wore that thing again bc it looked like an animal on my head :lachen:

:funny::clapping:

I hear what you're saying. Poetic was kind enough to also help. Thanks, ladies. I will think about wearing a Fall, but I don't have the slightest clue of what to do, where to go, and what to look for. I could just do a phony pony and leave it at that. If I get one that's fairly nice, I'll wear it for both occasions.

I'll figure out something. If you have any more ideas, let me know.

Bre~Bre, thanks sweetie! That avy picture is from July. I can't wait to show ya'll my progress once I get the retouch in December! :yep:

HoneyDew, you are the sweetest and you know it! :kiss: Thanks, as always for your love and support.

Back