LADIES ARE YOU TAKING YOUR BEAUTY OILS???

Irresistible

How many of you are taking them?

They are 'ESSENTIAL' after all. I'm talking about your EFA's ladies!

Omega 3 Fish oil, (The long chain kind)
If your taking Flax oil , you are taking the short chain kind that is supposed to convert to the long chain form in your body, the same form that the Fish oil is already in, under many circumstances it might not be able to convert, so its best to add Fish Oil to your regimen, but althought thats true, flax oil also contains a form of Omega 3 that can still be beneficial that Fish oil doesnt have, so you need both, or both is really best!

Omega 6 , Borage Oil, or Evening Primose oil and others. Borage oil being the highest percentage of GLA than the other sources

The beauty and health benefits are priceless! Check in if you know, or even if you dont and if you wanna ask somebody :grin:

Last edited:
I'm taking Flaxseed Oil and my skin has never been more moisturised!
For now, I'll just stick with that because I'm taking other vitamins but thanx for the info! I think I may take up the Fish Oil the next time I go to the Health Food Store to 're-stock'.
Irresistible: Are you taking any of these 'beauty oils'?

I'm taking Flaxseed Oil and my skin has never been more moisturised!
For now, I'll just stick with that because I'm taking other vitamins but thanx for the info! I think I may take up the Fish Oil the next time I go to the Health Food Store to 're-stock'.
Irresistible: Are you taking any of these 'beauty oils'?

Yes! Ive taken them all in the past , here and there and there and here,but just recently read up on them more and starting taking them all again

I think in the past I had one or the other. didnt really know for sure what was what or what I was doing. Now I feel more informed about it and I am immediately feeling the benefits. Well one thing they are good for anti inflammatory purposes, and thats the first big immediate benefit I am noticing

But yeah lets not talk about for skin and hair andn the numerous other things! I wont be without them again and am getting my daughter started on them too

oh and Carlson's fish oil is the best!

I dont work for them or nothin :lol: just researched that its the purest and freshest with no mercury etc. and comes in orange or lemon, no fish taste! :yep:

oh and I cant say the pills dont work

but all these oils are best in liquid form, with a freshness date on it and refridgerated after opening!

Flax oil works great in smoothies (for those of you who do not like the taste of drinking oil). I tried cod liver oil in a smoothie once and, as you would have imagined, it didn't work out so well.

Ive always taken flax seed on and off

after reading up some I switched to Fish oil
after reading some more I'm adding back the flax oil with it
and now taking Borage oil too

I think thats the perfect combo at least from the information I have gathered so far

it covers it all!

I'm still in research mode on taking oils. I do however take Fish Oil, but yesterday I went to GNC and purchased their Omega Complex oils, which consists of Borage, Omega 3 6 9. Smell strong but I am chuggin them down. I also purchased Coconut Oil pills, cause wow taking the oil straight on is STRONG. The pills are huge but I would rather take them to avoid the strong taste of coconut, not a huge fan of it.

Hopefully I will see the outer benefit of consuming these oils.

Oh and I also take CLA which is shrinking my waste line. I used to take these all the time but for whatever reason went away from them. Now I am back on that, and loving the results.

I'm still in research mode on taking oils. I do however take Fish Oil, but yesterday I went to GNC and purchased their Omega Complex oils, which consists of Borage, Omega 3 6 9. Smell strong but I am chuggin them down. I also purchased Coconut Oil pills, cause wow taking the oil straight on is STRONG. The pills are huge but I would rather take them to avoid the strong taste of coconut, not a huge fan of it.

Oh and I also take CLA which is shrinking my waste line. I used to take these all the time but for whatever reason went away from them. Now I am back on that, and loving the results.

you will see the benefits! I dont know about the coconut oil pills, probably doesnt apply like with the EFA's but for them Ive read its best to take the liquid, but I'm sure there is still some benefit to the softgels, I WOULD imagine. I'm opting for the liquid on them all from what I read

you will see the benefits! I dont know about the coconut oil pills, probably doesnt apply like with the EFA's but for them Ive read its best to take the liquid, but I'm sure there is still some benefit to the softgels, I WOULD imagine. I'm opting for the liquid on them all from what I read

Well I mixed some extra virgin coconut oil in my oatmeal this morning, and it actually tasted ok. I mean I could still taste the coconut but it wasn't as bad as I thought it was gonna be. Because taking those pills, the recommended dosage is 4-8 pills a day, and those suckers are HUGE. I can't see myself trying to take those everyday, not to mention the coating is thick so hmmmm what happens to that in my stomach.

I have been taking the fish oil for quite some time and I definitely can tell a difference in my skin and actually my mental alertness is getting better...thanks to the kids it has diminshed:lachen:

Well I mixed some extra virgin coconut oil in my oatmeal this morning, and it actually tasted ok. I mean I could still taste the coconut but it wasn't as bad as I thought it was gonna be. Because taking those pills, the recommended dosage is 4-8 pills a day, and those suckers are HUGE. I can't see myself trying to take those everyday, not to mention the coating is thick so hmmmm what happens to that in my stomach.

I have been taking the fish oil for quite some time and I definitely can tell a difference in my skin and actually my mental alertness is getting better...thanks to the kids it has diminshed:lachen:

HEHE yeah they take all the mental energy right on up!

Yes I am taking them regularly since december. The effect on my skin and hair is wonderful. The benefits internally are priceless.

@Red Bolded:
What is that?

I love, love, love my fish oil supplements. I've been taking them for about nine months now, and I have reaped great benefits. They keep me looking and feeling my best.

@Red Bolded:
What is that?

I use/take CLA to aid in my ongoing weight loss efforts. I will copy and paste some material regarding the benefit of taking CLA. It can be purchased at heath food store, Walmart, Walgreens, etc.

Decades of research indicate that CLA (conjugated linoleic acid) actually changes body composition by reducing body fat and increasing or preserving lean muscle mass—giving you a leaner, healthier appearance.

Derived from natural safflower oil, CLA inhibits lipoprotein lipase, an enzyme that breaks down fat from our diets. Once the fat is broken down, it is stored in the body. By suppressing this enzyme, CLA helps reduce the amount of fat that is broken down and, therefore, the amount of fat that is deposited and stored.

Combined with a balanced diet and exercise, CLA can help you lose body fat, and keep it off. You may drop a clothes size or two without yo-yoing between weight loss and gain.

• Reduces body fat by decreasing the amount of fat your body stores.
  • Maintains lean muscle by helping your body burn calories more efficiently.
  • May prevent fat cells from refilling with fat, so you maintain your leaner look.

I just got my shipment in today, and it included Flax seed Oil. I can't say I wasn't warned about the horrible taste. Its awful:nono:. I mean geez, the smell was even bad:ohwell:. However I know it will pay off. I wish I would have known about the orange and lemon flavor before I press the "Accept" Button, at the final step page online. Overall I know its good for the body, but I will be taking baby step for a long time with this. DID I mention I got two bottles:wallbash:.

:bump:

after some research in my mad scientist mode:grin:

I am going to be adding a 1/2 tsp to 1tsp of Olive Oil A Day (Omega 9) :yep:

to my fish oil, borage oil, flax oil!

I was taking the flax/fish/borage oil combo sold at Target. My skin becomes buttery soft when I'm on it faithfully but I fell off. I take a mega-B combo and biotin so not sure of its effect on my hair alone, but I'm going back on oil tonight! Thanks for the post OP.

I take cod liver oil and have been doing that for almost two years, on and off. I usually eat a lot of fish in the spring and summer, canned and fresh - does that count?:lick:

I've been hearing good things about flax seed oil. I think I'm going to look into buying some next month!

Back