Lacefront that looks like a braidout on 4a/b/afrotextured hair?

andromeda

Happy New Year, ladies!

I'm in need of a new wig look and I was hoping that you all could help me out with recommendations:grin:

Here's what I want:
  • a synthetic lacefront (or at least a full wig) that looks like a 4a/4b (cottony not super silky/shiny) APL-BSL braidout
  • -or- a synthetic, afro-textured/kinky-curly lacefront that i could do a braidout on to get the look that i want
  • -or- (as a last resort) synthetic weave hair that I could use to make my own wig that has the look of a braidout
Basically, I want a wig that mimics my own cottony, kinky texture w/o the volume and largeness of most kinky-curly/afro-curl wigs.

I found this YT video that has the look that I'm going for, although it's shinier/silkier than what I want:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE-3hRhwCsk
Unfortunately the wig is a human hair lf.

Thanks in advance!
eta: Some picture illustrations:
This is the pattern and volume that I want - something like a deep wave that results from a chunky braidout - of course, I want mine to be a bit kinkier/cotton-ier than our lovely mslizzie's
IMG_20110827_075113-vi.jpg

Here's a wig worn by lovelyladel81 on YT that also has the look I'm going for - although the waves are smaller and it has a bit more volume than I'd prefer:

6620404187_128f6fb9c0.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7neT4c8uhEk
Here's a halfwig that I had = Outre Polly - that has a pattern that mimics a braidout from smaller braids
100_0053-vi.jpg

Here's are pics of a fluffy braidouts of mine just to give an idea of texture - I want the wig to have a more defined pattern, not as much volume and more hang ( I haven't found a pic of a defined braidout on my hair yet...):

5606622650_bf9ed759f8.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks so much, naturalmanenyc and Theresamonet! Beshe Drew and Champagne Rachel are both shorter and have more volume than what I want. I currently have a wig like both of them, and while i love it, I want something that hangs down (instead of going "out" and having a round shape, if that makes sense), is longer, and has more of the deep wave of a braidout than corkscrew curls.

The platinum wigs one could definitely work - it has the right texture and length and I just do a braidout on it to get to lie down more and have the pattern that I'm looking for. Thanks for recommending it, even though it's human.

I'm updating my OP with pics to illustrate the look that I'm going for.

Back