Lace wig yay or nay!

syze6

I'm thinking of trying a lace wig as an alternative to cutting myhair. I want to try a neck length style with fullness and layers. My real hair is a two inches past bra strap. I just want something different.Who has worn a lace wig? How was it applied? Nair damage?

I haven't worn a lace wig. But if you don't like your hairline and want to say goodbye to it then get one! Didn't you see the lacefront PSA?

You can wear a lace wig or a regular one. Just dont use glue and you won't loose your hair line. I've worn wigs for the last year and my hair is midback. I haven't lost any hair. I just use bobby pins to keep it on my head.

Wearing one right now actually lolz

I'm wearing a LF now and truthfully there's no need for glue or any other adhesive. My edges are the healthiest they've been in a long time. IMHO knowing how to wear your wig cap is JUST as important as knowing how to wear your wig (in order to prevent damage. :look: ask me how I know... :nono: )

I'm thinking of trying a lace wig as an alternative to cutting myhair. I want to try a neck length style with fullness and layers. My real hair is a two inches past bra strap. I just want something different.Who has worn a lace wig? How was it applied? Nair damage?

Check out YouTube. Muffinismylovers has a great channel with lace wigs, half wigs and full wigs from various companies.

She never uses glue and has long hair underneath her wigs.

If you make sure to baby your edges you shouldn't have any problems. I've been wearing wigs and twists consistently since March and no problems with my edges.

Last edited:
Wigs are a great PS.

Lace/ full or half.
Human hair or synthetic.

I've never used glue and personally don't plan on ever using it.

I wear lace wigs w/o glue mostly (I tried using tape and got2b glued gel and spray) but if you do the elastic band method, there is no reason to use glue.

I wear lace wigs w/o glue mostly (I tried using tape and got2b glued gel and spray) but if you do the elastic band method, there is no reason to use glue.

Lol I don't know about that elastic band method. Did you read the wig stories thread? Lol! But seriously, there is no need to use glue. I only use Bobby pins.

yeah and that lace wig psa should've clarified to non wig wears that it was a tacky lace wig psa lol. Lace wig doesn't equal messed up hideous fake hairline. Like the ladies above I don't glue it down plus I use my lace wigs as half or 3/4 wigs, I always pull my edges out a little like muffinismylover shows on her channel. Theres a way to make anything look fly u just gotta make it work for u.

Lace wig do not automatically equal messed up edges...I have used glue in the past and would use it in the future if I wanted to. My edges are also the healthiest I have seen them in years and yes that is from wearing lace wigs. Now, I will say that the BSS sand paper lace is horrible for any hair, but if you are very careful when removing them they won't snag on your hair. Otherwise, I would wear a french or swiss lace wig any day. I have even made a 3/4 wig that I am afraid to wear because I am afraid that I will damage the leave out hair, like I see in so many YT videos.
Go for it!

I wear a lace wig from FridayNightHair.com which has great synthetic LF at good prices. I take the front combs out and dont use any other pics to keep it on my head. Once I learned to braid my hair to make it flat, the wig lays on my head perfectly. I don't see any damage to my hairline, ny hair is growing, and once I start upping my vits/ healthy eating I expect my growth to take off even more

Pay attention to that lace wig PSA - it's comedy but it addresses a serious issue. There are many ways that wigs can mess up your hairline - glue and adhesives are just one of the hazards. Some of the damage is mechanical, pulling from wig combs, daily ironing to blend edges, etc. Even elastic can rip hair out if you're not careful. There's a wig thread somewhere in this board that has a lot of good tips about safe wig wearing. Overall they shouldn't be worn non-stop if you want your hair to flourish. Celebs may look like they always wear wigs but it's probable that they spend plenty of time off camera without their hair pieces. Even April (muffin is my lovers) wears her own hair out more these days and has scads of wigs that she only wears to demo them in her bathroom/studio.

Back