Lace weave/closure

From what I've seen...its all about technique. I've seen some that scream FAKE. And others that look very natural. I'm currently wearing a full sew-in. And I chose not to use a closure because I was afraid it would not look natural.

I totally agree that it's all about technique. I have a full sew-in with no hair left out, and it doesn't look wiggy looking. You might want to try that before getting a lace frontal/closure. Depending on the placement of the closure, sometimes it ends of looking really fake. Also, it needs to blend effortlessly with the weave, and should be the same color as your scalp. That helps it look more realistic.

These are some pics of my full weave with no hair left out. I was worried that it'd look wiggy, but it really doesn't. I plan to keep getting full sew-ins with no hair left out until I get to WL. I'm transitioning, and this is a good way to go if you don't want to have to keep using heat to blend your hair with the weave.

Last edited:
From what I've seen...its all about technique. I've seen some that scream FAKE. And others that look very natural. I'm currently wearing a full sew-in. And I chose not to use a closure because I was afraid it would not look natural.

What's ur hair type? My hair is so fine/4a...and I've had bad experiences wit weave in da pass. Kinda concerned bout da sewn braid having too much tension on my hair. Hope dat makes sense. :look:

My hair type is 4A medium density. Actually I'm not too worried. My braider didn't braid excessively tight and I'm putting EVCO on my edges after every shampoo.

Ediese, you hair is beautiful and looks most natural.

I'm going to try an indian hair lace closure this weekend and will post pics. i've done full head weaves that have been great but i've been dying to try the closure so we'll see :)

I totally agree that it's all about technique. I have a full sew-in with no hair left out, and it doesn't look wiggy looking. You might want to try that before getting a lace frontal/closure. Depending on the placement of the closure, sometimes it ends of looking really fake. Also, it needs to blend effortlessly with the weave, and should be the same color as your scalp. That helps it look more realistic.

These are some pics of my full weave with no hair left out. I was worried that it'd look wiggy, but it really doesn't. I plan to keep getting full sew-ins with no hair left out until I get to WL. I'm transitioning, and this is a good way to go if you don't want to have to keep using heat to blend your hair with the weave.
I tried a full sewn......:look: When I took the weave out my hurr came out wit it. I think the weave was too heavy on the braids. Major set back.:nono:

Girl your hurr is on point...absolutely georgeous!!!!!!!!!!!:drunk:

My hair type is 4A medium density. Actually I'm not too worried. My braider didn't braid excessively tight and I'm putting EVCO on my edges after every shampoo.

Ediese, you hair is beautiful and looks most natural.

Ya'll know I ain't all dat hurr savvy. Ok..I wanna make sure we talking bout the samething. Is the lace weave when you braid all the hair then take a hair lace peace and sew it on the outside braid (the one close to the ears)?

Last edited:
I think ur talking about a lace frontal. Closure is the circle piece sewn in the middle, if I am not mistaken.

Back