Korean Lady probably thinks I am crazy

Zeal

So there are two black women in the wig shop. Zeal is purchasing carrot oil for the High potency capasaicin cream she just purchased.

The other woman is asking the Korean lady for something to make her hair grow. Zeal's antenna goes up as the Korean lady is offering her come back hair. Zeal procedes to tell the lady about hot pepper and castor oil. However she is ashamed to tell her of the coochie cream.

Zeal breaks it down of how the hot pepper stimulates the blood vessels. She shows her the active ingredient on her box. The lady starts taking notes.

She tells the lady when she wears her wigs to wear her hair cornrowed under it with the baggie method. ;) Less manipulation. I just started wearing cornrows under my wig for 3 weeks now. I wish I had started this a while back.

The lady and Zeal walk out of the store together smiling. The lady prcedes down the street to Happy Harry's where the product is for sale.

Ooops. I did no give her the web site. End of story.

I am alternating bewteen sulfur and hot pepper ever other week. I will let you all know how it goes.

lol.. that's a funny story. the korean lady probably thinks you're crazy for real. what's "come back hair" anyway? is it one of those products that promise to grow hair but don't work. too bad you forgot to give her the website

Yeah, "come back hair" is one of those products. I never used it. The lady in the store said, " I never used it but my customers use it, and they say it works."

Nawl, that Korean lady probably thought that OTHER lady was crazy enough to buy something called "Come Back Hair" in hopes that it would really work, but then ZEAL stepped in and let Ling know that we are coming into a NEW DAY and a NEW WAY where Black hair care is concerned and that their substandard, bootleg, over-priced products will NO longer be needed!

I have been using Come Back Hair Cream for yrs. and yes it does work. I started using this because I can not use products that contain petroleum on my scalp so when I was younger blue magic was out of the picture. Since my mom was a cliet of Liz & Daughters salon she bought it from them waaaaay back in the day when I was about 7 or 8. Anyway I also used it on my kids hair when they were young and that bald spot in the back would began to come in I would apply it and it would fill back and keep the hair from thinning out in that spot.

BeautifulWideEyes said:
I have been using Come Back Hair Cream for yrs. and yes it does work. I started using this because I can not use products that contain petroleum on my scalp so when I was younger blue magic was out of the picture. Since my mom was a cliet of Liz & Daughters salon she bought it from them waaaaay back in the day when I was about 7 or 8. Anyway I also used it on my kids hair when they were young and that bald spot in the back would began to come in I would apply it and it would fill back and keep the hair from thinning out in that spot.

Sorry, BWE, I had no idea. :ohwell: *still don't like the Korean's monopoly on the Black Hair industry tho'* :ohwell:

Girl don't be sorry, I was not offended in anyway alot of pple don't know of this product. I only found out about it because of a seborrhea incident that caused my hair to be cut down to about 3 in. and during that time I learned that petroleum on my scalp cause the seborrhea to flare up. The only things I would use on my scalp was EVOO, or the Come Back Hair Cream, oh yeah and something called Cuticara (?sp.) they were the only things that helped my scalp. Now I didn't see amazing growth like inches over night and didn't really see how well the product worked until I used it on my kids balding spots when they were babies. As long as I used it regularly on their scalps they hair never fell out in the back.
But I understand where your comming from, most folks don't care if it works or not as long as it has the word grow in it there on it, and most pple of a different race is always trying to throw these products at us.
CantBeCopied said:
Sorry, BWE, I had no idea. :ohwell: *still don't like the Korean's monopoly on the Black Hair industry tho'* :ohwell:

MonaRae said:
What the name of your High potency capasaicin cream?

MonaRae

Just for the record. I have heard of come back hair for years. It is a "Philly" thing and surrounding areas.

The peper cream that I purchased is the store brand of capasaisin

It is actually called "High Potency Capasicin". Happy Harry store brand.

Last edited:
I've heard of this product too. ITA: this is from way back in the day. In fact, those from philly...the lab that made this product was located on Lancaster and Girard Avenues. I used to have a "hair dresser" that used all of Don's products, but stopped b/c she said that some had hormones in them:eek:

:eek: Oh my word! Do you put the capsizin HP on your scalp??? :eek: :eek: :eek: how do u use it? My hubby had a backache so someone recommended this product. So i rubbed it on his back, after 3mins...he didn't feel anything, so i rubbed another thick coating on his back. like 20mins later i rubbed my eyes and it burned sooooooo bad! like 30mins later his back was on FIRE...he had to hop in the shower and scrub, then he had to keep changing the washrags cause he was just spreading it. he ended up showering like 3 times that nite, and then he went to sleep and he usually sweats at night and everytime he'd sweat, it would heat back up. this product is BANNED from our house!! this product aint no joke!!! My hubby said its the same ingredients that is used in pepper spray. I aint tryng to convince you not to use it, i just thought i"d share our nightmarishly funny story..:(

GirlywithCurlies said:
Not to hi-jack the thread Zeal, but full head baggy is wearing a conditoner cap under the wig?

YOu are not hi-jacking at all. Yes a conditioning cap. I really can't deal with it. My scalp itches sometimes and of course if I scratch it sounds like a loud plastic cand wrapper. LOL:lol: :lol:

Mizani_Mrs said:
:eek: Oh my word! Do you put the capsizin HP on your scalp??? :eek: :eek: :eek: how do u use it? My hubby had a backache so someone recommended this product. So i rubbed it on his back, after 3mins...he didn't feel anything, so i rubbed another thick coating on his back. like 20mins later i rubbed my eyes and it burned sooooooo bad! like 30mins later his back was on FIRE...he had to hop in the shower and scrub, then he had to keep changing the washrags cause he was just spreading it. he ended up showering like 3 times that nite, and then he went to sleep and he usually sweats at night and everytime he'd sweat, it would heat back up. this product is BANNED from our house!! this product aint no joke!!! My hubby said its the same ingredients that is used in pepper spray. I aint tryng to convince you not to use it, i just thought i"d share our nightmarishly funny story..:(

BWahh haa haa haa. yes this is funny.

To use the cream you add it to a carrier. You can use carrot oil or olive oil. Most of us here mix it with MN. You don't use it straight.

Zeal said:
YOu are not hi-jacking at all. Yes a conditioning cap. I really can't deal with it. My scalp itches sometimes and of course if I scratch it sounds like a loud plastic cand wrapper. LOL:lol: :lol:

BWahh haa haa haa. yes this is funny.

To use the cream you add it to a carrier. You can use carrot oil or olive oil. Most of us here mix it with MN. You don't use it straight.

I like how you speak in third person about yourself. At first, I was thinking, "Who is Zeal?" THen I looked at your username and was like, "Duhhh!":lol:

Sweetalmondeyes said:
I've heard of this product too. ITA: this is from way back in the day. In fact, those from philly...the lab that made this product was located on Lancaster and Girard Avenues. I used to have a "hair dresser" that used all of Don's products, but stopped b/c she said that some had hormones in them:eek:

I didn't know they made Come Back Hair cream here in Philly.....learn something new everyday :look:

Donnie's Come Back Hair is very popular. I think it contains hormones though. My mom used to use it on us. I prefer other methods though. The Korean lady was trying to sell whatever she hears is good, as she doen't have the same hair challenges/texture.

Good for you Zeal! You helped a sister out.

CantBeCopied said:
Nawl, that Korean lady probably thought that OTHER lady was crazy enough to buy something called "Come Back Hair" in hopes that it would really work, but then ZEAL stepped in and let Ling know that we are coming into a NEW DAY and a NEW WAY where Black hair care is concerned and that their substandard, bootleg, over-priced products will NO longer be needed!
Say it loud say it proud.

queenspence said:
Are the hormones bad for the hair or do they make it grow?

My godsister used it back int he day on her temples and she said it helped. She always had thin temples.

Back