Komaza Website Updated

Glad their analysis is available!

IMO, as of 8/19 8:10 PM, site must still be under construction.

It's hard to get to a full product list. I can't even remember the sequence of clicks that took me to more products, but I think it had something to do with the bottom menu???

Also, the reviews are gone. DEEEEEEP SIGH.

I don't like that for several reasons, note the list of which is that now all the formula changes have become obscured.

However, if folks continue to rave about their products, I'm sure SOMEDAY I'll try some. (Right now, all those small kits are out of stock, and I don't want to bite given some of the pricing.)

This looks much better and is more modern that what they had before but the usability is still lacking to me. When I visited from the link in your post, I could only find products related to repairing damaged hair. They also used all the call-to-action space on their home page to promote the hair analysis.

I actually thought they discontinued all of their other moisturizers, however when I googled Califia Moisturizing Spray, I found this link: https://komazahaircare.com/moisturizers/ in the search results. Yet I can't find a way to navigate to that page on their website. Also, the "SHOP" drop down menu on the moisturizer page has more options than when I hover from the home page.

In the event that anyone from Komaza is reading, I would humbly suggest that you change the CTA links on the home page to "Order a hair analysis," [You can go into more details (pricing/ description) on the hair analysis page.] "Shop our collections" and "Shop Hair Damage Solutions."

Please, please, please do user testing. There are sites where you can do this for free. Or, for a small token of thanks (moisturizer/ protein conditioner, store credit etc) I'm sure you could find some naturalistas to help you out.

p.s. Please ask your designer/ developer to find more relatable hero images.

This looks much better and is more modern that what they had before but the usability is still lacking to me. When I visited from the link in your post, I could only find products related to repairing damaged hair. They also used all the call-to-action space on their home page to promote the hair analysis.

I actually thought they discontinued all of their other moisturizers, however when I googled Califia Moisturizing Spray, I found this link: https://komazahaircare.com/moisturizers/ in the search results. Yet I can't find a way to navigate to that page on their website. Also, the "SHOP" drop down menu on the moisturizer page has more options than when I hover from the home page.

In the event that anyone from Komaza is reading, I would humbly suggest that you change the CTA links on the home page to "Order a hair analysis," [You can go into more details (pricing/ description) on the hair analysis page.] "Shop our collections" and "Shop Hair Damage Solutions."

Please, please, please do user testing. There are sites where you can do this for free. Or, for a small token of thanks (moisturizer/ protein conditioner, store credit etc) I'm sure you could find some naturalistas to help you out.

p.s. Please ask your designer/ developer to find more relatable hero images.

:yep:

All of that. :smile:

One of the best sites I've visited is Soultanicals's site. I'd love Komaza to have their web people take a look.

Also, there is still filler text on the site. You know, that ipsum lorem stuff.

I'm sure it's all easy to improve. Glad they are working to update their look.

I definitely want to try out that supermane cuticle care & repair spray. Their new products are missing the PH, hopefully they plan to continue disclosing that. I don't like the new prices on the hair analysis so that's definitely going to push me away from trying it out, unless they plan on doing more than their 20% off. Maybe there will be a sale soon following this new relaunch.

Related: I really like Komaza's Facebook page!

https://www.facebook.com/KomazaHairCare/

14053950_10154242605566208_7486348790986441078_n.jpg

14100432_10154247660991208_5436518608403870736_n.jpg

I purchased samples of their shampoo, conditioner, coconut line's leave-in and pudding, and the califia line's leave-in and conditioner.

First impressions:
1. Shampoo: Performs on my hair a lot like ORS's Creamy Aloe Shampoo.
2. Conditioner: Very moisturizing. Really liked it.
3. Coconut line's leave-in: First product where a little actually did go a long way. :laugh: Applied VERY well onto/into my hair. Hair felt GREAT! Performed almost but not quite as well as my Holy Grail DevaCurl Decadence One Condition.
4. Coconut line's pudding: Did a nice job giving a hold that was interestingly there but undetectable (zero crunch). I liked it a lot, but prefer the wetter and shinier look of Camille Rose Naturals Curl Maker. By the end of the day, my hair started to feel dry with the Komaza coconut line's pudding.

I have not trialed the califia products yet. I heard they are amazing!

Overall, my hair felt . . . I dunno . . . healthier, if that's even possible to detect after one use. It felt calmer. :yep:

I purchased samples of their shampoo, conditioner, coconut line's leave-in and pudding, and the califia line's leave-in and conditioner.
First impressions:
1. Shampoo: Performs on my hair a lot like ORS's Creamy Aloe Shampoo.
2. Conditioner: Very moisturizing. Really liked it.
3. Coconut line's leave-in: First product where a little actually did go a long way. :laugh: Applied VERY well onto/into my hair. Hair felt GREAT! Performed almost but not quite as well as my Holy Grail DevaCurl Decadence One Condition.
4. Coconut line's pudding: Did a nice job giving a hold that was interestingly there but undetectable (zero crunch). I liked it a lot, but prefer the wetter and shinier look of Camille Rose Naturals Curl Maker. By the end of the day, my hair started to feel dry with the Komaza coconut line's pudding.

I have not trialed the califia products yet. I heard they are amazing!

Overall, my hair felt . . . I dunno . . . healthier, if that's even possible to detect after one use. It felt calmer. :yep:

Same here. I tried the Coconut Curl line earlier this year and now have a love hate relationship with it. I love how smoothly the products apply as well as their ease with detangling. The scents are also pleasant and mild. I even feel like my hair is benifiting from them and the ingredients are excellent. But my next day hair feels like hay. Not crunchy at all just desert dry.

I heard good things about the Califia line as well but they need a really good sale to get me to bite. The Moku line looks interesting and since I rock twists throughout the winter months I might consider giving it a try. My hair LOVES aloe so I wouldn't mind trying the Aloe My Hair. They had discontinued it before a had a chance to buy it so I'm pleased to see that it's back but I think that line might work best for me during the summer months. Also $25 for the 4oz Aloe Growth Serum is too rich for my blood. I hope that price is a mistake. o_O

I also tried and like the Vitamin Reign (though the pump malfunctioned), Bountiful Mane and the Scalp Moisture Therapy.

Can someone please tell the consistency of the Jojoba Hemp? Thanks

Same here. I tried the Coconut Curl line earlier this year and now have a love hate relationship with it. I love how smoothly the products apply as well as their ease with detangling. The scents are also pleasant and mild. I even feel like my hair is benifiting from them and the ingredients are excellent. But my next day hair feels like hay. Not crunchy at all just desert dry.

I heard good things about the Califia line as well but they need a really good sale to get me to bite. The Moku line looks interesting and since I rock twists throughout the winter months I might consider giving it a try. My hair LOVES aloe so I wouldn't mind trying the Aloe My Hair. They had discontinued it before a had a chance to buy it so I'm pleased to see that it's back but I think that line might work best for me during the summer months. Also $25 for the 4oz Aloe Growth Serum is too rich for my blood. I hope that price is a mistake. o_O

I also tried and like the Vitamin Reign (though the pump malfunctioned), Bountiful Mane and the Scalp Moisture Therapy.

Can someone please tell the consistency of the Jojoba Hemp? Thanks

Exactly! Your description/review was great.

Woo, $25 for 4 oz. No-nooooo! :nono:

I am super tempted to try the Aloe line.

What did you like about the Vitamin Reign, Bountiful Mane, and Scalp Moisture Therapy?

Man, I pray this Califia line is less drying than the Coconut line.

Exactly! Your description/review was great.

Woo, $25 for 4 oz. No-nooooo! :nono:

I am super tempted to try the Aloe line.

What did you like about the Vitamin Reign, Bountiful Mane, and Scalp Moisture Therapy?

Man, I pray this Califia line is less drying than the Coconut line.

I use Vitamin Reign as a scalp refresher. It has a pleasant fragrance that's sweet but slightly floral and it is very moisturizing. It's also chocked full of good stuff as well. It keeps my roots supple unlike most water based refresher sprays that offers hydration without the moisture.

The Bountiful Mane is also very moisturizing and I love the water based serum consistency. It applies without visible residue and I do believe it is making my roots stronger. It does have a mild sulfur smell that is masked by the pleasant fragrance. Imo it's not as offensive as other growth/scalp issue products. Bountiful Mane is something I can use and not be self conscious about the scent when I'm put in public.

Scalp Moisture Therapy is more like a light sealant. I always follow up the Bountiful Mane with the Scalp Moisture Therapy. It's a very soft and light "scalp grease" that has a consistency similar to room temp margarine without a waxy/greasy feel. It has a pleasant cocoa scent that reminds me of cocoa puffs but it's not a strong chocolate fragrance like Khemet Biologics Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee. It's very soothing to the scalp and works well with both Vitamin Reign and Bountiful Mane.

After I've washed and styled my hair (I usually wear twists), I'd lightly mist my scalp and hair with VR then apply BM directly to my scalp between each twist. The pointed nossel allows for precise mess free application which I like. I'd then follow up with the SMT, a little goes a long way. The following day I usually refresh with a light mist of VR and the day after that I'd use the BM and SMT combo. I usually continue this until my scalp needs to be cleansed. This is the method that best works for my hair which drinks up moisture and devours butters and oils.

I plan on buying the Pona Scalp Treatment next Komaza purchase. The Califia Line is also on my radar but I'm currently experimenting with the Coconut line since I bought the full size products. I've been mixing with other product lines in an attempt to fight the horrible drying effects. Amazon Rain's Muru Muru Moisture Milk really helps. Next wash day I will try Khemet Biologics Aethiopika Hydrate and Twist Butter over the Komaza Coconut line. Then next wash day I'll try Soultanicals Marula Muru, then Knot Butta, then MSRYO twist butter and so on until I find the combination that works best.

@rileypak thanks I guess it's similar to the Scalp Moisture Therapy. I'm a sucker for soft butters.

Does anyone know if the Komaza Shampoo and Conditioner are e
Worth the $$? I don't usually shell out that much for a cleanser and a rinse out.

@rileypak thanks I guess it's similar to the Scalp Moisture Therapy. I'm a sucker for soft butters.

Does anyone know if the Komaza Shampoo and Conditioner are e
Worth the $$? I don't usually shell out that much for a cleanser and a rinse out.

For me, no. But I'm a product snob when it comes to shampoos (I subconsciously think conditioners and stylers matter more). My hair did not feel special with the shampoo. Felt just like using ORS Creamy Aloe. I thus can't invest in it.

I need to use the conditioner again to really judge, but it DEFINITELY does not outdo DevaCurl Decadence One Condition. I know I won't be purchasing it. From my first impression of using the sample, it was not bad but was not great for me.

My hair is hipo, though, and that is a huge factor for me.

Back