Know of a moisturizer that's TOO moisturizing?? TELL ME PLEASE!

*SkolarStar*

I've been working on growing my nape forEVER. And i really mean forever because i've had this problem ever since birth. I've made progress in knowing that the problem is moisture. Hair falls out when it's dry but not when it's moisturized, easy to fix right? Not for me. I have the driest nape on earth. The same is with my oldest sister and now with my niece and she's 4. I dnt want her to deal with conscious hair issues like i did. If I can find something that is TOO moisturizing, it'll b all good.

I solved this problem over the summer and i could actually wear a ponytail without being self conscious about it. I used wave nouveou but when the winter months came it broke because I didn't know about glycerin pulling moisture from the hair when the air is dry. When I found out it was too late and now i'm on the search for sumthing else.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE help me. TIA

Qhemet Biologics Alma and Olive Heavy Cream is a heavy one; great for hair that drinks up every other thing.

I use Cantu Shea Butter leave-in as a moisturizer. My brother was having issues with products building up on his scalp, and he told me that this is the only thing that kept his hair moist for DAYS without building up on his scalp.

Also look at Mook's hair -- she has an album in her Fotki where she documents her nape growth. She had the same issue, to my knowledge.

ORS Olive Oil moisturizer - my goodness! I have to dilute that thing about two parts moisturizer and one part water.

homemade mix!!!

water, infusium 23, glycerin sprayed on towel dried hair or on 2nd+ day hair

sealed w/evoo and you're hair is a happy camper.

for extra ends protection add some HE LTR to your ends in between the spray and the oil

I am currently growing out my nape also. I use a concotion of Hawaiian silky and cheapie conditioners that I am trying to get rid of. I seal with an oil of my choice. Twice a day I hit that area up with this mix. Hope you find something that works.

S Curl Activator + seal with an oil + baggy = :drowning: in moisture....

ITA 2 -- I suggest jamaican black castor oil as the sealant if you can get it. I had the same problem - nape would stay desert dry - the only thing that has softened it up, well actually 2 - Taliah Wahid (sorry I know I am spelling it all kinds of wrong) bodyfying mist (I use this with no sealant), on other days I use a moisturizing spray I mixed up, and the castor oil. Nape is feeling da bomb!

I don't have one, but two. I over moisturized my hair the other week combining Silicon Mix DC and S-Curl activator. My hair was a mush ball....

Good luck, I hope you find something to work for the three of you.

I make my own which consists of:

Olive oil
Coconut oil
Macademia nut oil
Jojoba oil
Avocado butter
and Glycerin (but only in my spring/summer mix)
I use this mix not only on my hair, but as a daily moisturizer on my body

This is the only thing that works for me, the only commercial thing that I like for moisturizing is S-curl, or Wave Nouveau

I use a concotion of Hawaiian silky and cheapie conditioners that I am trying to get rid of.

Hawaiian Silky 14-in-1 leave-in saved my hair this winter. I bunned with it all winter (still bunning) paying special attention to dabbing it HS14 on my nape, and I've had no thinning/breakage there. My hair stayed nicely moisturized considering the dry, cold DC air!

First, cowash with shikakai, mustard oil, and Vo5 mix
Second, use "juice" or shea (I would suggest that you use a lot of shea on your nape to smooth and to moisturize
Finally, seal with a mix of wheat germ oil and castor oil

Your hair will be moisturized ALL day.

Question--is Qhemet Burdock Root Butter Cream meant to be used on chemically treated hair? And is it ok to use on the entire length of the hair shaft??? I had problems with this one, caused me some breakage issues. I thought maybe I missed something and possibly it wasnt meant for chemically treated hair.

Hydratherma Naturals Daily Moisturizing Growth Lotion

I only use it all over my hair when I know it's going to be under my wig; otherwise, I just use it on my ends b/c it's too much moisture for my hair.

I have a few questions:

1. How much water do you drink?

2. How often do you deep condition?

3. What do you use to deep condition?

4. What is your regimen?

5. What products do you use?

I'm asking because the answers to these questions may be part of the reasons that you're experiencing constant dryness.

I've got to co-sign on the S curl activator spray. It is the best moisturizer I have ever used...and I've used a lot.

Hawaiian silky 14-1 is transforming my hair. I only have to moisturize every other day! And that says a lot for my dry hair. Hawaiian silky + African Royale is even more moisturizing. I can actually comb my hair!

Also, baggying nightly helps a lot too.

S-Curl No Drip Activator Moisturizer is VERY moisturizing if you use it everyday but it can make your hair feel mushy.

SBS-591901

Back