KinkyCurly Vs Shea moisture curling souffle

Which do you prefer

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NubianPrize

KinkyCurly has been a summer staple for me since 2011 but I see that now Shea Moisture has a curling soufflé. My hair has gone thru some changes in the past year because it HATED the SM curl smoothie last year. This year it works fine for twisting & I've even started using the yucca/baobab formula for fine hair & that's good ,too. Now I'm wondering how the soufflé would work. My hair's a fine type 4a with tiny penspring curls that really pop with KCCC but the soufflé is much cheaper. If you've used both, which do you prefer & why ??

Maybe just try it and see.

I like the souffle for adding moisture to my hair. It does not do anything for hold for me. The kkc was a bit too drying for me, but it has great hold.

Now that I have found the right way to use it, Shea Moisture's Curling souffle. I had to put it in a pump(which they should have done in the first place) but it works so well for me when I am able to pump it into my hand instead of grabbing globs out of a jar. KCCC is okay, would probably be better in a pump it just....is meh for me. I just figured out how to make it work and I have maybe 1 use of a tiny jar left. Also it costs too much to be so picky.

I mix the soufflé in other gels to add moisture and have had good results. I don't like it alone because its sticky and my hair never dries. Plus it offers no hold.

For me, my hair DOESN'T LIKE ANYTHING BY SHEA MOISTURE! My hair geys so dry w/ that stuff. Kinky curly 4 sure! Also, activator gel in the tub from walgreens defines just as well!

Kinky Curly all the way. I used the shea moisture souffle and curl enhancing smoothie to see if that combination would work. My hair was a very curly, wet, sticky mess for 2 days. My husband asked me if I was trying to be the Jheri curl back!

Last edited:
Kinky curl custard all day hair success. I also use activator gel under it and it removes the crunch. Shea Moisture does not come close.

I HATE the way the SMCS feels. One of the few products with aloe my hair likes is KCCC. Love the stuff hate the price. I could get like 7 day hair with that stuff tho.

Now that I have found the right way to use it, Shea Moisture's Curling souffle. I had to put it in a pump(which they should have done in the first place) but it works so well for me when I am able to pump it into my hand instead of grabbing globs out of a jar. KCCC is okay, would probably be better in a pump it just....is meh for me. I just figured out how to make it work and I have maybe 1 use of a tiny jar left. Also it costs too much to be so picky.

natura87 Thanks for the pump idea.

Kinky Curly all the way. I used the shea moisture souffle and curl enhancing smoothie to see if that combination would work. My hair was a very curly, wet, sticky mess for 2 days. My husband asked me if I was trying to be the Jheri curl back!

Umm Ebraheem The last time I used the soufflé DH called my hair a Jheri curl, too.

I love the moisturizing properties of the soufflé. I hate the sticky, greasy feeling but it keeps my hair soft & moisturized until I wash it out.

I haven't used KCCC this time around as a natural but my 1st time around I loved it for curl definition. It wasn't moisturizing at all IMO, however.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

My hair laughs at Shea Moisture :lol: Seriously that stuff is a joke :look: No curl definition at all! It worked well when my hair was longer. I'm not sure what went wrong. I love my KCCC. It's the only thing that works for me.

Funnily enough I just bought both of these to try out, and I like them both, but for totally different reasons.

The SheaMoisture Soufflé really moisturized and softened my hair, and I probably used about a dime sized amount on my whole head.

The Kinky Curly defined the ends of my curls and kind of 'froze' them in place. It definitely gives more shine and is more of a true gel, while the SM works for me as a leave-in/sealer with very slight hold.

I really like the SM Curl Soufflé. I've been using it for over a year and for my hair it- provides amazing shine, a firm hold (my hair ain't going nowhere with this), and I don't even have a curl pattern, but my coils be popping.

I haven't tried KCC because I cannot (repeat) cannot deal with that stinky smell of their products.

I have been using the Shea Moisture Curling Souffle and the Curl Enhancing Smoothie for about two years. It just moisturized my relaxed hair, but now that I am 43 weeks post, and transitioning fully August 2014, it is working on my Ng and my hair is curlier when I do perm rod sets and twist outs. I am sold on Shea Moisture products:yep:! HHJ!

Back