Kinky Twists

girlyprincess23

I was wondering what happens if the braiders get your ends in the hot water when they dip it in to curl it? Does it do damage? I don't know if they actually got my ends in the water or not because I can't tell where my hair stops but I think maybe they did because the twists are about the same length as my hair (unless it's shorter b/c my hair is wrapped around the other so it's not as long as it is usually) I was just wondering if anybody ever had this happen to them and what did the boiling hot water do to their hair? There's pics in my fotki to see the length of my hair before I got it braided and a pic of the kinkys pw= gabi

It can't be any worse than a flat iron or a press. I really wouldn't suspect MAJOR damage to already healthy hair.

I'd spray a liquid leave in (concentrate on those ends) to counteract any dryness.

While I was in kinky twists I used giovanni vitapro leave in. It kept my hair in excellent condition.

Hmmm.... I don't really know. But, I will say since u are not sure where ur hair ends-when it is time to take them out---don't cut the ends to make it easier---unravel each twist to be on the safe side.

Also, just be sure to take special care and moisturize the entire length of ur twists to be sure ur real hair is getting what it needs from root to tip.

I think you'll be fine though :yep::yep:

ETA: ur twists look cute--i like the color

Hmmm.... I don't really know. But, I will say since u are not sure where ur hair ends-when it is time to take them out---don't cut the ends to make it easier---unravel each twist to be on the safe side.

Also, just be sure to take special care and moisturize the entire length of ur twists to be sure ur real hair is getting what it needs from root to tip.

I think you'll be fine though :yep::yep:

ETA: ur twists look cute--i like the color

yeah i was thinking about that!!! i was like...hmmmm I won't be cutting these out b/c my hair and the twists are around the same length!!! Although I was paying attention it seemed that she coiled my hair around the twist so it ended up being like shorter than the twist hair but still!!..also thanx!!

It can't be any worse than a flat iron or a press. I really wouldn't suspect MAJOR damage to already healthy hair.

I'd spray a liquid leave in (concentrate on those ends) to counteract any dryness.

While I was in kinky twists I used giovanni vitapro leave in. It kept my hair in excellent condition.

yes i think i will start spraying the length b/c right now I only spray the roots daily w/ a moisture mix i made b/c im using OCT and it is keeping the dryness at bay like really well. so i think i will start spraying the length of my twists. Also the reason why I was worried was b/c if they dipped my hair in that boiling hot water it may create porosity issues since that is one way to dvelop porosity problems, super heated water that causes bubbles that pop and make holes in the hair shaft...but thank you all for replying!!

Back