Kinky Twists!

Soliel185

I'm thinking about getting some put in for the summer. I'm transitioning, but I can't WnG and I think Kinky Twists with curly ends would give me a similar look.

Please post pics and your experiences with them if you had them in the past - also - what kind of hair did you use?

TIA

I'm thinking about getting some put in for the summer. I'm transitioning, but I can't WnG and I think Kinky Twists with curly ends would give me a similar look.

Please post pics and your experiences with them if you had them in the past - also - what kind of hair did you use?

TIA

Marley braid hair (winner's collection). I hve had them for a while now. I got great growth with them . I have the pics in my fotki. You can curl the ends with perm rods and hot water.

They're so pretty!

So there's no hair that maybe comes curly in the pack so I could just leave the ends loose? (I don't have alot of experience with extensions)

How long do they last and how often can you wash?

I'm thinking I might invest in some dry shampoo to try to keep them neat, but I love my co-washes. :ohwell:

I love kinky twists.. and you will too!!

there is a pic of them in my fotki! and as far as what type of hair was used.. I have no clue b/c the lady that did it had her own hair.

Be very careful of the hair line ....mine broke off in 7 days(I took them out after 7 days) ..thank God for my sulfur mix ..my hair line is back to normal.

Be very careful of the hair line ....mine broke off in 7 days(I took them out after 7 days) ..thank God for my sulfur mix ..my hair line is back to normal.

luckily the lady that did mine avoids the very edge!

Soliel: I shampoo'd in the shower with my kinky twists.. just squeeze the poo up and down the length, don't scrub and your twists should be fine. They will stretch and shrink back when dry (just like our own hair!)

luckily the lady that did mine avoids the very edge!

Soliel: I shampoo'd in the shower with my kinky twists.. just squeeze the poo up and down the length, don't scrub and your twists should be fine. They will stretch and shrink back when dry (just like our own hair!)

ITA. you have to know not to use too much of the synthetic hair so that it does not outweighs your own hair. Thats how I did have any issues with my edges.

I washed mine of the regular and co- washed too. Clarify if u get build up and refresh ur edges every two weeks..

ITA. you have to know not to use too much of the synthetic hair so that it does not outweighs your own hair. Thats how I did have any issues with my edges.

I washed mine of the regular and co- washed too. Clarify if u get build up and refresh ur edges every two weeks..

Did you redo your twists yourself? Around the edges I mean?

I love my twists!! I have a couple pics of them in my album and also my avi. It is so easy to get up and spray them with infusium 23 and oil sheen and go. I thought about doing the sponge wash method but it was so much better for me to just jump in the shower and wash them. I used Janet collection (afro marley). You will love them!:yep:

i have some pics in my fotki too...u should be able to wash them just like Innersoul described...be careful with ur edges too and redo them every 2 weeks. HTH

I have some in right now that I put in myself:grin:. I posted a thread a few weeks ago. They are wonderful and easy to maintain. ITA w/ being careful w/ the edges. I re-braid my edges every two weeks b/c with washing, they tend to slip. I try not to pull them up into a tight ponytail either. I like to use the Janet brand of Marley Braid hair b/c it's easier to separate. I used 6 packs altogether.

You can type in "kinky twists" into the YouTube search engine and you'll find two great tutorials, one is by a LHCF member! :-)

Last edited:
Did you redo your twists yourself? Around the edges I mean?

Hey there I have done quite a few twists. I do not do them on the edges I will either do flat twist or cornrows.

Check my fotki to see what I am talking about.

I do my own and I have used different types of hair.

Also in order to keep the frizzies down I would spray my shampoo or cowash product into the scalp and then take a very large cup and pour the water on top of my head to rinse while I was in the shower.

Then I would pat dry very carefully my twists. I usually would redo my edges and my flat twists every two to three weeks.

Back