Kinky twists on saturday, My regimen to prepare ..

CharUK

"Honestly, Truly"
OK, i'm getting kinky on saturday
smile.gif
laugh.gif

Some may know I had some MAJOR breakage this week. Anywho.

I want to wash my hair tomorrow or Thursday night.

I plan to, conditioner wash, apply nexxus emergencee, rinse off, do another conditioner wash, finish up with salerm and s curl.

Thing is, I don't want my hair too greasy for saturday and she may not be able to do the twists properly, then again, wave nouveau is bound to be dry still, so what would you advise? tomorrow or thursday? make sure hair is properly moisturized, or a little bit dry for better grip?

Also, what do you think of my proposed regimen?

It's 2.25am over here, i'm off to bed but I hope someone replies, ANYONE! Night night ladies, what would I do without you.

xx

Re: Kinky twists on saturday, My regimen to prepar

hahaaha....you dirrrrty girl you!

nexxus emergencee is a protein tx, right?? if so, i think thats a fine regimen....i thin to combat dryness, maybe do dail co washes with a moisturizing condtioner and use a good leave in...

on the night before i would co wash, leave some in the hair, add leave in and braid your hair up so that it dries stretched and moisturized...

hope it all works out!!! g'night!
~T~

I read somewhere that you shouldn't do anything to your hair (anything major, at least) the day before getting prolonged styles. I guess it varies from person to person. Your regimen sounds fine, though. As for the moisture always make sure your hair is properly moisturized. This doesn't necessarily mean soaking your hair, though. You can just spritz water or any type of blend on your hair and seal in the moisture with an oil blend, cream, or your s curl. As far as during (you've probably seen me post about this already) please dilute your products and avoid using too many different products when you have the twist. You don't want excess build up to set in your hair because knots will form and taking that down can cause a lot of breakage. Afterwards, deep moisturize condition because your hair can seem limp after having it in a certain style so long. God Bless!

Thanks a lot guys! I'm still deciding what advice to take, I'll have a good think about it.

x

I had kinky twists done on monday. Last week I did a wash, aphogee treament followed by aphogee balancing condtioner. Rinsed and applied profectiv breakfree and lusters s curl. Then last friday I washed and deep conditoned with ors shampoo and hair mayonnaise. Then on monday the stylist put colour and the kinky twists in. I hope this would strengthen my hair before the twists. HTH helps Char.
smile.gif

I had kinky twists done on 4 June and took them out on 25 July. On 5 June, I did conditioning rinses daily, until I took them out on 25 July. I had no problem with them, also sprayed the roots with Surge. I also was able to wash once a week, diluting the shampoo and putting a stocking over my head, so that my hair could still keep neat. I also made up conditioning rinses, with a teaspoon of conditioner, water, shake until the conditioner is dissolved, then add rosewater and glycerine and use as a rinse. That will keep your hair moisturised, do this in a stocking over your hair so that you kinky twists can keep neat.

What a good idea valerie! I love that idea!

Zigzag, thanks for that! Helps a lot.

x

[ QUOTE ]
CharUK said:
What a good idea valerie! I love that idea!

x

[/ QUOTE ]
clap.gif
up.gif
up.gif
wave.gif

You're welcome

Sounds like you are ready! My only advice would be sure to moisturize regulary the legnth of your twists not just your scalp. I had a friend who got lazy and did not do this and the synthetic hair they used for the twists ate her hair up. I see from your posts that you moisturize regulary anyway so I just know yours will turn out fine!
smile.gif

I was thinking that your hair may have too much product because of the Co wash. I made that mistake a month ago, I was too lazy to fully wash and deep condition my hair, I took a short cut and co-washed, then I cornrowed my hair. What a nightmare!! MY scalp was on fire! I couldn't stop scratching! I tried washing the cornrows with shampoo and I even put on anti-itch spray (sulfur 8) nothing worked and I had to remove the braids after 4 days. Lucky I did them myself cause I would have been angry if I got them done professionally and then had to take them out so soon. I think that you should shampoo with a clarifying shampoo, then deep condition and then a moisturizing conditioner. good luck.

[ QUOTE ]
Alli77 said:
I was thinking that your hair may have too much product because of the Co wash. I made that mistake a month ago, I was too lazy to fully wash and deep condition my hair, I took a short cut and co-washed, then I cornrowed my hair. What a nightmare!! MY scalp was on fire! I couldn't stop scratching! I tried washing the cornrows with shampoo and I even put on anti-itch spray (sulfur 8) nothing worked and I had to remove the braids after 4 days. Lucky I did them myself cause I would have been angry if I got them done professionally and then had to take them out so soon. I think that you should shampoo with a clarifying shampoo, then deep condition and then a moisturizing conditioner. good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I agree! That's another mistake I made. Co washing every other day with conditioner. They're made to leave a coating and especially with hard water I had all that product build up left behind! Be careful with co washes
smile.gif

Thanks for all your support guys!

I have my S Curl and braid spray armed and ready for the length.

And Oil blend to use on the scalp after a wash. I really appreciate all your input.

x

Back