KINKY TWISTS EXTENTIONS

SSBD

Is it possible to grow hair out with kinky twists even though they cannot be washed???

if you ever had them can you please post ur regimen and please tell how u moisturized.

oh and tell if you saw any growth...

Thank you very much

Last edited:
They can be washed!!

I think they are a great way to protect your hair...in fact, I may be getting more soon!!

But you know what, in reference to your last post, I saw the cutest wig on this poster outside of the beauty supply store. I really think I'm going to go back and try it on...and I'm 18, so don't let age keep you from a cute protective style...;)

Last edited:
Who told you they couldn't be washed? Girl you better wash yo hair. But of course as with any set of extensions, do not wash rigorously. be gentle

I have them in right now and I wash just about every week. I use diluted shampoo and wash in 1/4's in the sink. (it's nasty how dirty the water gets sometimes. My only issue with any kind of extentions is conditioning! I Use the braidspay/infusium mix for my own "hair" throughout the week. My hair grew nicely with my last twist, but since I discovered this site a week after I got them done last time I might have to take them out early. They've been in for about 5 weeks and my newgrowth is RIDICULOUS. I have been using MN/ Fake MTG usually I might have 1/2 inch by now. NOw I have about 1 1/4!

SSBD said:
Is it possible to grow hair out with kinky twists even though they cannot be washed???

if you ever had them can you please post ur regimen and please tell how u moisturized.

Thank you very much

They can be washed.
I've had my hair in twists on and off for 6 months. I currently have 3 inches on NG (0.5 inch per month) and took them out only 2 days ago.

I have pics in my fotki, from when I did them myself. The pic in my siggy is on my twists. Den1's album is worth checking out. She has a step by step tutorial for washing with braids in.

SSBD said:

Thank you very much

With african pride braid sheen spray, or Elasta QP H-Two.
Sometimes I'd scrunch S-curl into the braids for moisturising also.

SSBD said:

I've had mine since Saturdav (12/23) and I've washed them 3 times. Nothing happened.

SSBD said:

This is how I do mine. (See saturation demonstration) http://www.growafrohairlong.com/braidreg.html

SSBD said:

Thank you very much

I always see growth when I'm braided. It's retaining the length that's the tricky part. Keeping your braids moisturized, clean, and conditioned is essential.

Back