Kinky Straight Hair in a bob?

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
Hey ladies, I'm thinking of getting some kinky straight hair sewn in and cut in a bob.

Pros:
Realistic texture
easy blending

Cons:
Hair poofs up easily

Thoughts? Has anyone ever done this?

Yes and it was a disaster. The hair I had (which was Chinese) didn't hold a curl so I had this uneven cut. I used Sabino on it to make sure the hair didn't poof.

oh brother. thanks for the insight.
and the sabino didn't even work? wow. i've never tried it but i thought that was the holy grail of all heat protectants.

Have you thought about course Yaki. According on many post on blackhairmedia.com course yaki is just like kinky straight hair with out the poofs

^^hmmm thanks for the rec! maybe i'll try ordering it.
I already own some kinky straight, so that's why i wanted to use it.

May I ask which kinky straight you have? I just ordered the Kinky Koarse from KingMeHair.com for the reasons you mentioned. I have not received it yet so I have not tried it obviously. According to the owner/rep she used flexi-rods and grapeseed oil and had a head full of bouncing spirals. This is human hair so its more expensive but I'm sure you'd be able to rock a bob with it.

oh brother. thanks for the insight. and the sabino didn't even work? wow. i've never tried it but i thought that was the holy grail of all heat protectants.

Sabino did work and kept it sleek. It didn't really help much because my hair still wouldn't hold a curl.

For a well-behaved bob style, I would vote NO for using KS!

I love how realistic it looks but KS requires lots of WORK! plus, I MUST carry a brush with me 24/7.

Back