Kinky-Curly's Jojoba Jelly Discontinued....

• Thread starter Thread starter LaNecia
  • Start date Start date
L

LaNecia

According to the ordering department for another hair board, the Jojoba Jelly has been discontinued. :confused: This information has not be confirmed on the Kinky-Curly.com website yet.

Shelley's mentioned that she's been having manufacturing difficulties w/the JJ, the consistency has been anything but consistent and she has to keep sending it back to be remade.

I sent an email requesting confirmation, I'll update when I hear more.

LaNecia

How do like these products, the price isn't too outrageous like $35 for a 4 oz jar of pudding.

That's too bad if it's true. :(

I noticed that the Laquered Up! isn't listed on the products section of the website anymore, but it's still on the Instructions page.

Curling custard seems like it is better anyway, since it is 3 products in one.

Update:

Shelly wrote back!! Paraphasing...the Jojoba Jelly has NOT been discontinued as of yet. There was an apparent miscommunication which led to the public being given incorrect information. She cited manufacturing problems as the reason for the delay in having the product available. If she is able to either have the current manufacturer produce the quality product she desires or she finds another manufacturer, she will continue producing the Jojoba Jelly. If not, it will be discontinued however, at this point it's simply "TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE, ON BACK ORDER".

The product that is about to be discontinued is the Lacquered Up. Shelley cites very low sales/lack of consumer interest as the reason. She's rather put the money into other areas of the business (labeling, marketing, advertising, etc.).

So, there you have it. I paraphased as best I could and hope that I relayed EXACTLY what Shelley wanted me to share with you ladies.

Keep your fingers crossed.

LaNecia

LaNecia said:
Update:

Shelly wrote back!! Paraphasing...the Jojoba Jelly has NOT been discontinued as of yet. There was an apparent miscommunication which led to the public being given incorrect information. She cited manufacturing problems as the reason for the delay in having the product available. If she is able to either have the current manufacturer produce the quality product she desires or she finds another manufacturer, she will continue producing the Jojoba Jelly. If not, it will be discontinued however, at this point it's simply "TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE, ON BACK ORDER".

The product that is about to be discontinued is the Lacquered Up. Shelley cites very low sales/lack of consumer interest as the reason. She's rather put the money into other areas of the business (labeling, marketing, advertising, etc.).

So, there you have it. I paraphased as best I could and hope that I relayed EXACTLY what Shelley wanted me to share with you ladies.

Keep your fingers crossed.

LaNecia

Thanks for the info. I hope she is able to find a good manufacturer b/c I'm dying to try the Jojoba Jelly.

Thanks for the info. This is my first time hearing of these products. I went to the website and this stuff looks great. My hair has a natural curl pattern however, after a while its starts to look really dry and brittle. I am going to place an order this week.

I do have to say the laquered up is my least fav. I LOVE the curling custard!
*Carrie does her happy dance*

:cry3: Uh-oh, I think it's officially gone...I just checked her website and it's no longer listed. I'll write her tomorrow to find out what's up.

It's a sad day in hairdom.

Back