Kinky Curly Transitioner's Tonic

akgirl

I haven't seen a lot on this board about Kinky Curly Transitioner's Tonic. I'm a little surprised, it seems like it would even be amazing for those that don't have relaxed hair they are growing out (naturals).

It has Aloe Vera, Chamomile, Sodium PCA (they say to soften a moisturize new growth), MSM, Silica, Silk Protein, Biotin, Rosemary, Potassium Sorbate and sodium benzoate as a preservative.

I would really appreciate hearing some results from ladies that have been using it. I'm curious as to what it has done to your new growth, if anything. Also if you have noticed an increase in growth, and/or growth rate. Basically what you think of the product.

Thanks in advance for your input!

I used about 2 bottles of this when I started my stretch/transition because I'd been reading a lot about scab hair. To be honest I'm not sure if it made any difference to my new growth; my new growth seems soft enough but I don't know if it's because of the tonic or not.

I used it almost every other day but didn't notice any increase in growth-but then, most growth aids don't seem to make any difference to my growth rate anyway. I didn't bother to repurchase after i used up my 2 bottles. I wasn't wowed by it.

This is one of my staples. i re-up consistently - usually i find it at Rickys in NY, but sometimes even they dont have it. I'd like to think it works, but i really dont know - either way i really like the ingredients so i dont think it can hurt. i use it to moisturize my scalp when i finish washing my hair and then i use Curls Champagne Curls and Caviar Kinks oil to seal in the moisture i just added with the transitioners tonic. My new growth is growing in GREAT as compared to how i thought it would and how rough it was in the beginning - no tangling at the roots at all - i surprise myself everytime i part it with ease. Dont know if this is the Kinky curly tonic, the curls oil, or the MT i'm using twice a week. I use them all the same day. I just like the fact that the tonic and the oil both have MSM which i have not been able to successfully buy on its own, and which i cant take in pill form w/out getting a headache. So i guess i would give the tonic my two thumbs up - lol. Only thing is i dont know the concentration of the ingredients - i just hope is not 90% water - lol.

Appreciate the input! I don't see it on their site anymore, but I did see a few bottles at my local BSS, so I'm going to go and buy the rest of them. I just started using it, but the ingredients sound great so I'm game :)

Didnt see any new products on the site. i called up a rickys nearby and stocked up - got 6 - which should last me a while. Thanks for the headsup on it being discontinued!

Omg, I'm glad I stopped into this thread so I can stock up on all the bottles of this I find at Ricky's. I love the Transitioner's tonic it leaves my hair soft and moisturized, I use it in my Megatek Mix.

Back