Kind of liking my underprocessed hair!!

DigitalRain

The past 3 relaxers I've had left me with quite a lot of underprocessed hair. When I air dry its nice and fluffy and big. I've always liked big hair. And I'm kind of liking it. My mom thinks its cute. Its not so kinky that I look like I have a fro but the underprocessed hair adds a lot of volume and fluffiness.

yeah I do like that aspect of it, but that all changed within 10 minutes of walking out the door in good old humid sticky FL! It puffs out like popcorn...lol...

Me too. I recently did my own touch-up and I underprocessed compared to the rest of my hair. My hair was fuller and had more body after the touch-up as opposed to being slathered to my head, which is always how it looks after a salon touch-up until I wash again. I am debating whether to keep it this way or have it fixed. I am on the fence. I like the body and fullness, but I guess I am a creature of habit and need to break my addiction to the slick straight look. Still deciding, but liking what I have right now while I make the decision...I imagine that if my whole head was like this (more like a texturizer) then I would LOVE it!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
DigitalRain said:
The past 3 relaxers I've had left me with quite a lot of underprocessed hair. When I air dry its nice and fluffy and big. I've always liked big hair. And I'm kind of liking it. My mom thinks its cute. Its not so kinky that I look like I have a fro but the underprocessed hair adds a lot of volume and fluffiness.

[/ QUOTE ]

DigitalRain, are you going to fix it or keep it that way?

Will you fix it yourself or professionally? I am going to fix mine professionally, because I see that I am not quite skilled yet for the self-relaxing journey...
ohwell.gif
I wish! I am so tired of the hair salon!

I don't know yet!! I haven't been able to find that perfect stylist yet. I may end up doing it myself and using the half and half method. I can't seem to complete my entire head within the time limits, even my mom cant do it anymore and she's always been the one to apply my relaxers.

The half and half method is great! I did that and I had enough time for both sections. I think my problem is that the relaxer I chose (elucence normal) was not strong enough for my hair. I am thinking I might give it another go with Affirm, but I am such a chicken! I envy all of the people whose mother's do their hair. You are so lucky! And your hair is beautiful, so obviously, you and mom are doing something right. Good luck!
smile.gif

I would like to perm myself but everytime I have attempted ....the dresser says when was your last touchup? What is the best way to smooth roots and get them straight?

[ QUOTE ]
mysweetevie said:
I would like to perm myself but everytime I have attempted ....the dresser says when was your last touchup? What is the best way to smooth roots and get them straight?

[/ QUOTE ]

Better that he/she say that than, "Where'd your hair go?" right? I am glad that I am under, not over processed. As far as the smoothing, I think the strength of the relaxer and the time left on must have something to do with it. Someone once posted that they applied their relaxer (super strength) w/o smoothing and got 80-90 percent straight. I can't mess with that stuff, myself (I'm not skilled like that). I am sure there are some other more seasoned self-relaxers who can help with better smoothing techniques.

I too have underprocessed my hair and am liking it. Still undecided on what to do. I really dont want to go to a salon. More practice,more practice.

My hair is underprocessed as well, mostly with the first 4 to 5 inches--thanking msm for that. I dont mind it at all, I cannot wait for it to grow downward as the overprocessed hair grows out. My only challenge is taking good care of both until it is all the same.

[ QUOTE ]
mysweetevie said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I use the back of the applicator brush or if im in a rush my fingers, this smooths it out extremely well.

Back