Kiehl's Products

Menina Preta

Does anyone use Kiehl's hair products? I received two free samples from a hotel I stayed in some weekends ago. The names are:

Protein Concentrate Herbal Shampoo for Normal to Dry w/ conditioning ingredients and oils of Rosemary, Sage, Lavender, and Panthenol

Hair Conditioner and Grooming Aid Formula 133 for All Hair Types

I haven't used the samples yet, b/c I'm due for a touch-up and afraid to try new products with all the NG...but I was curious if they're any good. Thanks!

Yes, I've used the follwing Keihl's products for about 3 years:

Extra-Strength Conditioning Rinse For Dry or Damaged Hair
Amino Acid Shampoo
Leave-in Hair Conditioner

I get consistent results from them. As a matter of fact, I like the Extra-Strength Conditioning Rinse For Dry or Damaged Hair so much that I always use it after my relaxers.

I have a sample of the Olive Fruit Oil Deeply Repairative Hair Pak, but I haven't tried it yet.

AngieK

By the way, I am 4a relaxed

Last edited:
I use Kiehl's leave-in conditioner( LOVE IT) and one of their deep conditioners that gets my hair really soft. Sorry, I don't have it near by to type the exact name of the product.

I used to use Kiehl's products. My favorites were the leave in conditioner, creme with silk groom and the hair masque (not sure if they still have that product).

Amino Acid Shampoo

I get consistent results from them. As a matter of fact, I like the Extra-Strength Conditioning Rinse For Dry or Damaged Hair so much that I always use it after my relaxers.

I have a sample of the Olive Fruit Oil Deeply Repairative Hair Pak, but I haven't tried it yet.

AngieK

I used the Olive Fruit Oil Repairative Pak * Silk Groom this past weekend...

Most excellent products, which left my hair silky and bouncy..:up::up::up:

I haven't tried the hair products but I have tried the skin products. They are a little on the pricey side but from my experience with their products, they work and are pretty good. I'm trying to slowly go over to the organic side so unfortunately, I won't be using kiehls much longer. Once I find something that works just as well and so far so good.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

I randomly used a Kiehls Olive Oil conditioner sample to co-wash my hair this morning and while I was doing it I was thinking, "hmm, this isn't as great as I thought it would be (I was expecting a little more slip)". I'm sure if I would have had more product I could have gotten the slip.

But then, once I got out of the shower and did my hair BAM! It was so manageable and soft. Its dry now and its still SUPER soft. My waves are more defined than ever. Its definitely a good hair day because of that Kiehls condish.

I used to use Kiehl's products. My favorites were the leave in conditioner, creme with silk groom and the hair masque (not sure if they still have that product).

That was a fave of mine. It was called Lecithin & Coconut Hair Masque I think and no they don't have it anymore. :( I looked for it a few months ago.

I use Kiehl's leave-in conditioner( LOVE IT) and one of their deep conditioners that gets my hair really soft. Sorry, I don't have it near by to type the exact name of the product.

I just bought this to try to find a replacement leave-in. It is pricey, but I got a good deal on Ebay.

I got the extra conditioning rinse from the same seller. It looks good.

Good to hear you liked the deep conditioner too. Someone has a good deal on 3 tubs on ebay.

I once walked into a Kiehl's store and somehow ended up spending quite a bit more than I'd planned. The products were okay, but not anywhere near as good as they'd need to be for me to spend that kind money again. If I'm going to be entirely honest, I can't tell the difference between Kiehl's and some of the cheapie stuff I've used. Sorry. But in fairness, I feel that way about a lot of expensive hair products lately. Not all. But most. :look:

Hmmm...I didn't have much luck while relaxed with the hair products, they were a little too heavy...probably work better on natural hair...

I do love their body lotions/creams!

Amino Acid Shampoo

AngieK

I just got that sample of this Olive Oil pak this weekend and tried it and I am in LOVE! I have a sew-in but a small amount of my hair is out at the front and perimiter. It was nice and heavy and went on like relaxer. I left it on for about an hour and rinsed...my little curls in the front just popped and now that hair is so soft. It will be my splurge purchase(i think it is $28) when I take my sew-in out the beginning of october. This was my first time using any of their hair products...in the past i've only used their face and body lines.

I used to live for their silk groom. I still have half a bottle but I have been experimenting with other products. I will def go back to it, but I guess my point is there are other things that work just as well.

The leave in is also nice.

I also got a liquid gel that supposedly doesn't make your hair hard. It does. :ohwell:

I have been very UNIMPRESSED with their facial products. EVERYTHING I tried broke me out. :wallbash: After ONE use. :rolleyes:

I never liked anything of Kiehl's that I've tried, from their hair oils, shampoos*, conditioners, to their facial stuff. There's a chalky-filmy thing going on w/ them that I despise. There's much better stuff to be had for much cheaper. Maybe that's just me.

*If you want a castile shampoo, Dr. Bronner's is a far better product for the money.

Last edited:
I never liked anything of Kiehl's that I've tried, from their hair oils, shampoos, to their facial stuff. There's a chalky-filmy thing going on w/ them that I despise. There's much better stuff to be had for much cheaper. Maybe that's just me.

Jamaraa several years ago they changed the formula of the silk groom. It used to melt in your hair like butter. :yep::lick: I believe they put something in it to make it last longer, because the original formula expired in about a year. Now it is thicker and doesn't sink in quite as well. :ohwell:

^^^^^ Really? I tried their stuff way back in the 90s and didn't like it then, so I'm really not interested if the changes are how you say.

Back