keraphix as a deep conditioner?

chocolatethai

hi ladies i recently purchased nexxus keraphix because i think of it as a light protein so i shampooed then applied the keraphix while i was still in the shower rinsed out the keraphix at the end of my shower and then DCed with my cholesterol/vs so sexy/evoo mix- love this mix by the way leaves my hair feeling and smelling sooooo good! anyway back to the question i was discussing my hair with my roomate who is also hair obsessed and a lurker on this site and she mentioned that cholesterol was a light protein too so maybe i should just do one or the other, so my question is can i dc with keraphix or do i need a moisturizing dc after wards even tho my hair feels really good and soft after i rinse out the keraphix?

I tried keraphix recently, and didn't like it. It made my hair really dry. Just use a moisturizer afterwards. You don't have to follow with a moisture condish if you like your results.

Last edited:
Not all cholesterol conditioners are protein conditioners. Cholesterol itself is not a protein it is a lipid. But some of the cholesterol conditioners do have some protien on the ingredient lists.

About the Keraphix, I have used it as a deep conditioner and followed with a quick rinse out moisturizing condition and was fine.

I do prefer Keraphix as a quick rinse out condition or a after relaxer conditioner.

I think you may have to just judge how your hair responds to it.

Back