KERAPHIX after lye relaxer??

poookie

ok well i've been cowashing like crazy, and my new growth is getting so thick! i don't have any kind of breakage that's associated with stretching too long, so i could stretch longer, but i want straight hair for holiday pictures.

my question is...

after putting in the relaxer, i want to condition for about 15 minutes before neutralizing. would it be better to use keraphix or humectress?

i read that it wasn't such a good idea to do protein right after a relaxer, because it helps with reversion. that's why i'm thinking of going with the humectress. but after reading the hugely big thread about no-lye/ceramides and lye/protein, maybe the keraphix is better?

and also... have any of you had success with adding coconut oil to your relaxer? i want to put some in to make the hawaiian silky more hawaiian :grin:

thanks for responding!

i mean, right after rinsing out the relaxer, but before using the neutralizing shampoo. is this what you do, too?

thanks for responding!

i mean, right after rinsing out the relaxer, but before using the neutralizing shampoo. is this what you do, too?

oops oh no, i do it after shampooing. its my final step b4 leave in/rollersetting

Back