Keracare versus Aveda Damage Remedy

SleekandBouncy

I've heard a lot of raves about Aveda's damage remedy but Keracare seems like it has a longer history of catering to ethnic hair, so I'm thinking it may be more mosturizing and detangeling. Has anyone tried both lines?

I'd like to invest in the full shampoo, conditioner, & deep treatment from either Aveda's Damage Remedy or Keracre.

Okay, I have tried Keracare, and although keracare's shampoo is nice, i find it pretty coating and didn't do much for the hair. imo there is no comparison, damage remedy hands down! you can always go to an aveda salon and get samples for free.

i have found that my hair health has improved dramatically while using this, you can tell by my ramble that this is my staple:D

MizaniMami said:
imo there is no comparison, damage remedy hands down!...i have found that my hair health has improved dramatically while using this, you can tell by my ramble that this is my staple:D

Do you use Aveda's entire 3-part system or just the shampoo?

Thanks.

I tried the aveeda shampoo and conditioner once. I still like my 1st lather and humecto from Keracare better. I agree with you. Keracare has been around for awhile and stands the test of time but I like Aveeda's skin care stuff. I may have to try the shampoo and conditioner one more time but Im stuck on Keracare.....

beyondcute said:
I tried the aveeda shampoo and conditioner once. I still like my 1st lather and humecto from Keracare better. I agree with you. Keracare has been around for awhile and stands the test of time but I like Aveeda's skin care stuff. I may have to try the shampoo and conditioner one more time but Im stuck on Keracare.....

Which shampoo from Aveda did you try?
Also, do you know what's in the humecto in the tub (besides thickeners) that makes it better than the regular one?

Did you use a pH strip on the tub? Because I've been using the one in the bottle which is listed as having a pH of 4.5 and yesterday I recieved my Humecto in a tub and it also says that it has a pH of 4.5?

I haven't used both Aveeda and Keracare, but since I've been using almost exclusively Keracare for these past 3 weeks my hair, my mom's hair (she's a very fine haired relaxed 3b) and my sister's hair, (a very thick relaxed 4 a/b). We also started relaxing with Phyto Index 2 and doing ACV rinses which might also be helpin, but the two of them had always taken WAY better care of their hair than I did and they're still doing so much better with just the Keracare than they were with anything else. HTH.

I love Aveda, I use several of there product, I never use the Damage Remdy but I'm sure it's great.

I Liked the damage remedy, the ingredients are wonderful and natural! no paraben. But, honestly KeraCare did not work for me . The ingredients arent too good like the mineral oil and paraben. I really did not like the humecto!

Last edited:
Actually, i purchased it online and they shipped it to me! I bought the huge salon bottles and got free shipping! We do not pay taxes over here! So i kinda saved a little. love your hair!;)

aliajp said:
Actually, i purchased it online and they shipped it to me! I bought the huge salon bottles and got free shipping! We do not pay taxes over here! So i kinda saved a little. love your hair!;)

Thank you! I was thinking about ordering the liter sizes also, hmmmaybe I should consider it some more.

Back