Keracare Silken Seal

Leshia

Well, I saw this at the nearest beauty supply for $25 and passed on it but when I found it for $15 at Ulta last night, I picked it up. I used it today and there was not ONE tangle after my wash. Holy cow. I think I'm in love. I'd love to hear reviews on this stuff, good or bad. Do you find it actually helps hair to retain moisture like the description eludes to?

Thanks!

I thought that it was too heavy for my fine hair. I may give it another try though :)

My hair is VERY fine and it doesn't seem to be a negative thus far. How was it heavy? Did it seem to weigh it down, Nice? What about the shine/moisture factor? How'd it do on those issues?

Leshia said:
My hair is VERY fine and it doesn't seem to be a negative thus far. How was it heavy? Did it seem to weigh it down, Nice? What about the shine/moisture factor? How'd it do on those issues?

My hear felt coated and weighed down after I used it :ohwell: . Maybe I used too much at the time :ohwell: . I can't deny that my hair was very shiny after I used though. Not too sure about the moisture factor. I would have to give it another try!!

Did you use it with a leave-in? If so, what kind?

I have used this before and my hair is always soft after I blowdry it. The only time I use it is when I blowdry my hair and it always leaves my hair feeling like cotton, but my hair is thick and there is alot of it, so maybe that is why, I don't know.

Last edited:
Oh yes I am very impressed with this product since my stylist used it on my hair...gave it a shiny appearance after she blow-dried and hot curled my hair and made it looked as if I just relaxed it (haven't relaxed hair in over 14 months now).

You can get it reasonably priced at this site: http://www.irbysbeautysupply.com/KeraCare1.html

The 2 oz bottle is $9.99; 4 oz is 16.99.

Leshia said:
Well, I saw this at the nearest beauty supply for $25 and passed on it but when I found it for $15 at Ulta last night, I picked it up. I used it today and there was not ONE tangle after my wash. Holy cow. I think I'm in love. I'd love to hear reviews on this stuff, good or bad. Do you find it actually helps hair to retain moisture like the description eludes to?

Thanks!

I use a dime-sized amount after every wash, mixed with a nickle-sized amount of kemi oyl and and palmful of Black and Sassy wrap lotion. I have been doing this for over a year, and this combination works great, gives great shine and body and thickness and my hair is moisturized and tangle-free. I wrap only on wash day and dry thirty minutes under the dryer and dry naturally the rest of the way.

Nice said:
My hear felt coated and weighed down after I used it :ohwell: . Maybe I used too much at the time :ohwell: . I can't deny that my hair was very shiny after I used though. Not too sure about the moisture factor. I would have to give it another try!!

Did you use it with a leave-in? If so, what kind?

Lemme think...I sprayed the silken seal, sprayed s-curl, used Cathy Howse's creme and then a little olive oil. I really, really like it. I'm also now wearing my hair down so I'm not sure if it would be good in those instances. I'm in a bun right now.

I found the 4oz bottle for $15.50 at Ulta, what are you using? I'm figuring this will have to be stocked in my bathroom. I love it.

Back