Keracare Silken seal

sithembile

I've been so tempted to buy this lately, but its so expensive, I wanted to know if it was a heat protectant as well?

Hmmm...I'd say that it's a heat protectant. But it's so heavy. IMO, it's too heavy to use on dry hair.

Really! And I was dying to try it! What serum would you recommend, I use Loreal elvive now but I want something better.

If the L'Oreal Elvive is like the Vive Smooth Intense, that's the one I would recommend
smile.gif

I also like Joico K-Pak protect & shine serum.

I like the L'oreal but I think as a PJ I'm bored of it and want to try something better, especially as many ladies are raving about silken seal and other serums, but I guess I should just stick to what works!

JF relax texture correcting serum is the perfect thickness for a wet bun on my fine, 4b hair. I gave it up because it's too expensive.

Now I'm using Razac polishing gloss. The L'Oreal was too thin for my new growth.

[ QUOTE ]
megonw said:
JF relax texture correcting serum is the perfect thickness for a wet bun on my fine, 4b hair. I gave it up because it's too expensive.

Now I'm using Razac polishing gloss. The L'Oreal was too thin for my new growth.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, JF Relax serum is one of my staples! The L'oreal Vive didn't work on my hair either.
frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
sithembile said:
Can you use JF serum on dry hair?

[/ QUOTE ]

It says you can, but, on my hair it doesn't work.

I use it on soaking wet hair. By the time my hair dries it is soft, and very managable.

Silken Seal is way too heavy to use on dry hair, but it's great on wet hair. There are some very nice serums out there. My current favorites are K-Pak Protect & Shine Serum, Pureology ShineMax Serum, and L'Oreal Smooth Intense Serum. Ion also makes a nice serum.

Back