Keracare Products

So I'm thinking about incorporating some Keracare products into my regimen. What products would you ladies suggest? I'm looking for a deep conditioner, lots of moisture, and shine. I'm thinking about starting to air dry using the scarf method so if any of these products would help that along, I'd like to know about them. Also, about how much do they cost and is it better to get them online or in the BSS?

The Hydrating Poo, 1st lather, Humecto, and Super Reconstructor are all good products to me. Oh and the Silken Seal.

wantlonghairagain said:
Do you use the silken seal on wet or dry hair?

There is a spray and serum. The Silken Seal serum you use on wet hair before blow dry, or I guess if you roller set. The Silken Seal Sheen Spray is I guess you can say a finishing product. Once you've styled and finish your hair, you can had this for extra sheen and protection from sun rays.

Adrian said:
The Hydrating Poo, 1st lather, Humecto, and Super Reconstructor are all good products to me. Oh and the Silken Seal.

I have all of these products, and they're all good.

Man I loooove the silken seal serum (even though its about $13 for a 2oz bottle). It made my hair sooooo soft when I blow dried with this!

The keracare super reconstructor states you should use the 5 in 1 afterwards. Do you always use this?? Whats its purpose?

I have the Keracare Reconstructor but i cannot get hold of the 5 in 1, so I havent used it yet.

Can anyone suggest something to use in the absence of 5 in 1??? My hair is natural

Many thanks

Dual said:
The keracare super reconstructor states you should use the 5 in 1 afterwards. Do you always use this?? Whats its purpose?

I have the Keracare Reconstructor but i cannot get hold of the 5 in 1, so I have used it yet.

Can anyone suggest something to use in the absence of 5 in 1??? My hair is natural

Many thanks

Whatever you do. Make sure you use a moisturizing conditioner afterwards! This will make your hair somewhat hard and dry so a moisturizing conditioner is a must. You don't have to use 5 in 1 if you don't want to or can't find it. If you have a favorite conditioner that gives you good moisture by all means use that. Ex: KeraCare Humecto, Nexxus Humectress

I love the Keracare Detangling poo and Humecto conditoner in the tub.
The keracare Dry & Itchy Scalp poo are good products too, love the tingle.
I have the 1st Lather poo and Silken Seal.

macherieamour said:
Just do a search on my name:lol:

Another Keracare advocate here. The Hydrating and Detangling Shampoo and Humecto in the tub are staples. I also like the 5-n-1, High Sheen Glossifier, Silken Seal Serum, Leave In Conditioner, Esssential Oils for the Hair and the Foam Wrap. The Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner for Color Treated Hair are also nice products.

I'm not real crazy about the Oil Moisturizer with Jojoba. The Cream Hair Dress is okay. I don't care for the smell of the Silken Seal spray or the Cream Hair Press.

With all they hype about this product I am considering trying this entire line. I am looking for just one line to use on my hair. I will keep the products that are currently working for me. I guess I am kind of old school with trying to stick with just one line of products.

@ Pringle:

I have been using ONLY Keracare since October. So far so good. I have the Shampoo and Con for Color Treated hair(I have highlights). I like the 'poo but the Con smelled a little strange to me. It worked good though. I have the Hydrating Detangling Poo and the Humecto Con and the Intensive Restorative Masque. All 3 work great. I am also using the Cream Moisturizer. I like it. I use it 1-2x daily(you won't need much, its thick and heavy). I've been sealing with my Elasta QP h-two...trying to use it up. I may try the Essential Oils next time to seal with. As I've stated, my hair seems to be consistently moisturized and full of shine as well. Stay on the JCPenney sales I got my stash for the most part at the Buy1 get 1 for 88 cents sale. I plan to use only KC for everything except cowashes-not often(HH LTR or Suave Strawberry) and protein(Aphogee 2 min).

@ Pringle:

I have been using ONLY Keracare since October. So far so good. I have the Shampoo and Con for Color Treated hair(I have highlights). I like the 'poo but the Con smelled a little strange to me. It worked good though. I have the Hydrating Detangling Poo and the Humecto Con and the Intensive Restorative Masque. All 3 work great. I am also using the Cream Moisturizer. I like it. I use it 1-2x daily(you won't need much, its thick and heavy). I've been sealing with my Elasta QP h-two...trying to use it up. I may try the Essential Oils next time to seal with. As I've stated, my hair seems to be consistently moisturized and full of shine as well. Stay on the JCPenney sales I got my stash for the most part at the Buy1 get 1 for 88 cents sale. I plan to use only KC for everything except cowashes-not often(HH LTR or Suave Strawberry) and protein(Aphogee 2 min).

I saw that Target carried Kera Care. Do you know how often JCPenny's run that sale. I am going to see if they will have a sale on their hair products on black friday. Do you have fine strands? Thanks for the review.

Pringle, i use affirm relaxer and i have been using this relaxer for over 7 year and i have to say that i am very pleased with the results every time i use it.

I LOVED humecto. I only stopped using it coz I can't afford to right now, so I use GVP conditioning balm. But I really liked the way humecto made my hair feel, and it has great ingredients.

I love Keracare products! I have used them off and on for 9 years and exclusively for the last year (I kept jumping on the bandwagon for new products, but always came back to Keracare!). I use the 1st lather shampoo, Hydrating detangling shampoo, Humecto creme conditioner, and glossifier.

I also buy from JC Penney. They are usually always having a sale on Keracare. Right now, styling products are buy one, get one for 50% off. They also have a holiday kit ( hydrating detangling shampoo, humecto creme conditioner, sample of 1st lather shampoo, and foam wrap-set lotion) on sale for $19 right now.

Back