Keracare Oil Moisturizer w/ Jojoba

SohoHair

How are you ladies using this?? I just went out today and bought some along with a few other Keracare products to fill out my regimen as I am now fully committed to only using this line for the next few months to see how my hair does. :love: The only deviations will be for my protein treatments with Keraphix or Emergencee.

I was thinking of adding this as one of my leave ins before I rollerset. As of right now I'm using just the Leave-in Conditioner and Silken Seal with a spray bottle of the Setting Lotion mixed with distilled water. I also bought the Conditiong Creme Headress today and was going to use that as my daily moisturizer. Or ould the Oil Moisturizer be better?:ohwell: EEK! I guess I'm confused about how best to use these two things. My hair definitely needs some kind of daily moisturizer and my rollersets just aren't coming out as shiny as they do when I go to the salon (my technique is still pretty rough though) so I'm really trying to address these issues with some Keracare products... any ideas, suggestions or thoughts?? TIA!!:)

well i love this product. i apply it after the leave in (or any leave in)

then airdry some more then pply my oil or grease. i guess u could use the headdress after this when your hair is dry :)

This moisturizer tends to be pretty heavy. I use the conditioning headdress at the beginning of the week and use this moisturizer at the end when Im wearing my hair up.

Its the best at slicking my hair back into a pony tail or bun. It makes my ponytail look shiny:)

People also just use this and setting lotion (nothing else) to make supple sets.

Or people mention using this in their no-heat styles to moisturize and control wet hair.

macherieamour said:
HAHHA.... Candy, you and I are always on the same page!:grin:

Yes...How ironic..hmmm i wonder what connects us... LOL ;)

- by the way have u seen the lil Keracare booklet? It is so nice! Describes all the prods and what they do, they have alot of helpful info as to what to follow up with in their line!

Last edited:
Candy_C said:

- by the way have u seen the lil Keracare booklet? It is so nice! Describes all the prods and what they do, they have alot of helpful info as to what to follow up with in their line!

Where'd ya get the booklet?

Candy_C said:

WHAT!?!??!?! Theres a booklet????

Thanks for all the help, I'm pre-pooing right now with EVOO and getting ready to wash and rollerset so hopefully everything will turn out well!!

And yes, do tell about this booklet, or you'll have me going to all the BSS in NYC like, :sekret:Pssssssssst.... hey hey, you got that.... booklet?? :look:

SohoHair said:
Thanks for all the help, I'm pre-pooing right now with EVOO and getting ready to wash and rollerset so hopefully everything will turn out well!!

And yes, do tell about this booklet, or you'll have me going to all the BSS in NYC like, :sekret:Pssssssssst.... hey hey, you got that.... booklet?? :look:

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Yes, please share... What booklet? My BSS already thinks I'm crazy. I can't go in asking for a booklet. :lol:

Once when I ordered Keracare products from Irby's beauty supply they sent me a the little booklet with my order. Didn't ask for it. And a couple of years ago I got a little booklet (the one that was out then) along with single little booklets on information about Affirm, Fiberguard, and Ferm. I also got a thick booklet explaining the use of all of Avlon's products. I got this by calling Avlon and asking for some info on their products. Also got a book on their hair color.

lol, i'm tempted to scan it..am i allowed??

it was at anew local asian bss store (and i'm real sweet with the guy and smile alot - to get discounts....hey i'm a student!). i bought some Humecto from him and he was like here take this.

can i scan this?

Candy_C said:
lol, i'm tempted to scan it..am i allowed??

it was at anew local asian bss store (and i'm real sweet with the guy and smile alot - to get discounts....hey i'm a student!). i bought some Humecto from him and he was like here take this.

can i scan this?

Scan it CandyC cause I wanna see :lol:

I use the Lite Oil Moisturizer with Jojoba Oil as a daily conditioner when I'm not wearing my hair out - because as MaCherie said, it's a bit heavy.

But I love the scent and the fact that it contains some essential oils AND glycerine.

Well I added a little of it to my hair after the Leave-In and I rollerset and I have never had a rollerset come out nicer!!! It was almost salon quality. I am very impressed... It's got to be either the 1st Later Shampoo, which I used for the first time, or the Oil Moisturizer, or maybe just all the good stuff I'm doing for my hair catching up with me. My hair is so full and healthy, everytime my mom comments on how nice it is and how fast it's growing she knocks on wood!:lol: I was going to take pics for an avatar/sig, or maybe for a fotki but I was a knucklehead and took pics of my hair before I washed it (and it was looking pretty CRAZAY after a disastrous twistout attempt). But perhaps I'll have some to post when I wash again this weekend. 3 cheers for all you helpful ladies!! At this rate I'll reach my first goal by May!!!!:grin:

Thanks Ladies I just got mine today and was wondering how I was gonna use this since my hair does not do well using a creamy moisturizer. I will use it after my leave in and continue using my carrot oil for a moisturizer. Also how often are you ladies using the humecto? I was gonna rotate it each week with my ORS hair mayo.

Back