Keracare New Natural Textures Hair products

For those who have used both products, what is the difference between the Twist & Define Cream and the Defining Custard?

In addition to what growingbrown said. The custard is not as oily/ heavy as the twist & define. The custard feels like a gel and twist & define like a heavy butter.

Sent from my HTC Evo!

Just letting you ladies know that the natural texture products are now available in larger sizes. The cleansing creme also comes in a bottle now.

The cleansing cream TORE MY HAIR UP!!! smmfh never again the leave in I LOVE:grin::grin:

The cleansing cream left my hair so stripped my hair was SQUEAKING so loud in the shower i thought the window cleaner came:nono:even with conditioner my hair was still squeaking and was soooooo matted this was the WORSE shampoo i used took 2 weeks for my hair to feel right again:nono:

Last edited:
^^THIS!! The cleansing cream is very stripping, like shampoo. Detangling was a nightmare with this alone! It may be good with a condish after. The leave-in is WONDERFUL!! I'm at the end of my first bottle (which as lasted months). I have another one and will be ordering more!!

The custard is better than kinkycurly imo it has no tackiness and has more moisture

Im getting the leave in again forgot how much i loved it :grin:

The custard is better than kinkycurly imo it has no tackiness and has more moisture

Im getting the leave in again forgot how much i loved it :grin:

I liked KKCC more because I needed to use less to get defined curls. Also, I can get multiple day hair easier. However, these are really good for moisturizing and sealing with.:lol: My hair loves this line.

The cleansing cream TORE MY HAIR UP!!! smmfh never again the leave in I LOVE:grin::grin:

The cleansing cream left my hair so stripped my hair was SQUEAKING so loud in the shower i thought the window cleaner came:nono:even with conditioner my hair was still squeaking and was soooooo matted this was the WORSE shampoo i used took 2 weeks for my hair to feel right again:nono:

Embyra - This happened to me too. I tried the products again on natural hair--bad to worse. I mean just uggggly! I wonder what it is? I had the matting as well. I was afraid I would never get it untangled. Twist and Define and butter cream were even worse--but at least with those, I know my hair doesn't like shea at ALL, so I know what the issue is there. Well, I'm confident this line isn't working for me on any level.

Can someone please DECODE these ingredients for me? I have no clue what I'm looking at! I feel like Im looking at a science test! :nono: Are they good ladies?

Basically. :ohwell: I'll stick with my organic products. I'm glad to see KeraCare's line has better ingredients than Mizani's though. Their natural line was crap. I did like Keracare products on my relaxed hair.

Embyra - This happened to me too. I tried the products again on natural hair--bad to worse. I mean just uggggly! I wonder what it is? I had the matting as well. I was afraid I would never get it untangled. Twist and Define and butter cream were even worse--but at least with those, I know my hair doesn't like shea at ALL, so I know what the issue is there. Well, I'm confident this line isn't working for me on any level.

Cherokee-n-Black you too!!!:nono:so far i have used two cleansers that are AWFUL and this rates number 1 its so deceiving when its on your hair it feels creamy and luxurious the moment you start rinsing your hair you can feel your in trouble :nono:
I still have the tub i hate wasting product i added coconut oil to it but im still to afraid to use it im just going to have to chuck it

I just ordered the twist cream even though i dont twist im forcing myself to try something different :lol:

Did you try the leave in??

Cherokee-n-Black you too!!!:nono:so far i have used two cleansers that are AWFUL and this rates number 1 its so deceiving when its on your hair it feels creamy and luxurious the moment you start rinsing your hair you can feel your in trouble :nono:

I just ordered the twist cream even though i dont twist im forcing myself to try something different :lol:

Did you try the leave in??

Embyra - OMG YESSS! (at the bolded) exactly that. I put it in like "ooohhh...this is gonna be good." The minute the water hit my hair it was squeak city and finger combing??? HA! I don't even wanna talk about how much hair I lost the first time. The second time I got smart and doused my hair with a deep conditioner until I could get it unsnarled. Well, I had bad results with the T&D, but maybe you'll fare better. If you don't have an issue with shea butter you may be OK.

I picked up the Leave-in conditioner but it wasn't the "natural texture" one. Has anyone used the regular leave in before with good results

Back