Keracare Humecto Conditioner... is NOT my friend

MsOmri

Hi all....
New to the board, I've been lurking for about 4 months. Well I decided I wanted to try the KeraCare Humecto Conditioner. Needless to say I left it on for about an hour while I watched TV. I attempted to flat iron and my hair would not get fully straight. By the next day it was frizzing up. I put a little NTM and LTR leave in and bunned for an hour. When I took it down it looked like someone had been secretly spritzing my hair with water. HUGE PUFF BALL:pullhair: I had to rewash... such a pain

I'm currently using Aphogee...I was nervous the protein would not work with my hair but it has. The only moisture I put in it right now is NTM.

I know my hair retains moisture pretty well but how could a little more hurt it. Well it did. That stuff is going back today!

I know I know...everything doesn't work for every one!

More post coming.... I'm excited that I've finally joined!

I actually like the conditioner, but the ingredients suck. I think they have their nerve charging people that much for crap. Some how they manage to make that crap work pretty good on my hair. I gave it away though 'cause I can't see knowingly putting something that terrible on my hair.

Well first off, welcome! Second I was and still am hesitant to buy it. I like Mizani Moisturefuse for moisture. Maybe your hair is on a protein kick right now. Just give it what it needs.

I actually like the conditioner, but the ingredients suck. I think they have their nerve charging people that much for crap. Some how they manage to make that crap work pretty good on my hair. I gave it away though 'cause I can't see knowingly putting something that terrible on my hair.

I agree the ingredients were very sketchy but I just had to try it. And yes it is expensive, so I have to take it back b/c I can't throw $12 bucks in the trash. lol

Well first off, welcome! Second I was and still am hesitant to buy it. I like Mizani Moisturefuse for moisture. Maybe your hair is on a protein kick right now. Just give it what it needs.

Thanks.... I'm in Texas so the humidity could have exaggerated the problem, but my goodness an afro :spinning:

i love this conditioner however i have learned that it will jack your hair up if you use it without heat.

I've been reading about this conditioner for years. I finally picked up a bottle this past weekend and used it for a conditioner wash. I was surprised by how well it worked. After reading these posts, I'm a little hesitant to use it as a deep conditioner. Seems to runny for that anyway. Maybe I'll keep using it for conditioner washing or instant conditioning.

I am NEVER going to understand the hype about this product.
I used it while transitioning, natural and relaxed and the end result felt like I hadn't used anything on my hair.

I know folks say you have to use the tub as opposed to the bottle, but I'm not willing to make a $30 investment into something that didn't work in a smaller container.

My mothers hair which loves 99% of products had the same response as mine.

I wonder if hairtype and thickness have something to do with it.

Maybe you left it on too long? Once I left it on for and hour w/out heat and my hair was jacked. So I tried it for 20mins under my steam cap and it worked well. It's a staple for me. Oh well, to each his own.

Keracare Humecto is one of my favorite conditioners. It makes my hair so soft. It is kind of watery compared to other conditioners I've used, so I can see how it might not be super moisturizing for some.

Maybe you left it on too long? Once I left it on for and hour w/out heat and my hair was jacked. So I tried it for 20mins under my steam cap and it worked well. It's a staple for me. Oh well, to each his own.

That could be a possibilty. I've tried several products and this was the most adverse. It was so puffy I wasn't willing to try it again.

ITA. and my relaxed hair liked it, but my natural hair did not like it at all.:nono:

Most of my hair is very texlaxed (mostly curly not wavy) so this could be a factor

I talked about it before. I've tried the bottle and the tub. I tried with and without heat and left it on for 10 minutes, 15 minutes, 30 minutes, overnight. Everything I could think of. It made my hair feel like STRAW. It was exactly like Infusium 23 leave in to me. I hate them both. And I think it has mineral oil in it.

I talked about it before. I've tried the bottle and the tub. I tried with and without heat and left it on for 10 minutes, 15 minutes, 30 minutes, overnight. Everything I could think of. It made my hair feel like STRAW. It was exactly like Infusium 23 leave in to me. I hate them both. And I think it has mineral oil in it.
It sure does:wallbash:

I tried so had to like Humecto, but the ingredient list was what did it for me.

Back