Keo Karpin Questions

SohoHair

Last edited:
I use the oil because I like its texture and it is inexpensive. I find it to be as light and penetrating as coconut oil and it is inexpensive which is the main reason that I have tried a lot of the Indian products. I also like the smell.

I had some of the vitalizer because I had taken a trip to Little India outside L.A.

I had nothing better to do witn my money but buy one of everything. If I remember correctly it had a slight menthol cigarette smell. Not a bad smell just different. The ingredients sounded good or I wouldn't have bought it.

It was watery so I mixed it in with some other spritz stuff. This was awhile ago so I can't really say what it did though.

Good luck!

p1

patient1 said:
I had some of the vitalizer because I had taken a trip to Little India outside L.A.

I had nothing better to do witn my money but buy one of everything. If I remember correctly it had a slight menthol cigarette smell. Not a bad smell just different. The ingredients sounded good or I wouldn't have bought it.

It was watery so I mixed it in with some other spritz stuff. This was awhile ago so I can't really say what it did though.

Good luck!

p1

In another thread on here some said this product had Nicotinic Acid. What does that do for the hair?

Aalize said:
In another thread on here some said this product had Nicotinic Acid. What does that do for the hair?

I was just about to post this. I was all set to run over to my Indian grocer in my pjs to get some until I saw this...:perplexed

Never heard of it but I'm all ears at this point (though my hair is becoming VERY happy with my current regimen)...

I have the oil. I LOVE THIS STUFF. I put it on my hair to seal when I am bunning. My hair is so soft and silky. :love: I didn't know about the other product......
(I will not buy, I will not buy....) :sekret:

ETA: I got mine from here

It's way cheaper!

Last edited:
Bumping.... I had an insanely busy day and was unable to go to my local Indian grocer, but at least that gives me a chance to read more reviews....:grin:

I just bought and used this Saturday. I did a hot oil treatment with Keo Karpin, Amla, and Brahmo oils. I let it sit for 1 hour with a plastic cap and then washed out. My hair is so soft and my scalp felt great afterward!

It didn't tingle it was more like a cooling effect. My scalp felt like someone was blowing cool air on it. If that makes any sense.

I've been using the oil for about a month and I love it. The oil is very light and I use it to seal my ends. The key ingredients are Mineral oil, Arachis oil, perfumes, Olive oil, Wheat Germ oil. I sometimes use it to oil my scalp too.

LocksOfLuV said:
Anyone have the ingredients to either oil?

LocksOfLuv, I do not have any of the product as yet but know it, Keo-karpin contains wheat germ oil, mineral oil, arachis:confused: oil, olive oil, perfumes. I'll probably pick some up out in Queens this weekend and will be able to post it if listed in english!!

11:38am UPDATE. ARACHIS OIL IS PEANUT OIL. The Safety Data Sheet on this states it may cause eye irritation and scalp irritation with repeated use. Peanut allergy folk, don't use. I don't think I'm going for this one. Noticed that ORS oil also has this; may be why some people have irritated skin when using it.

No luck finding the keo-karpin revitalizer but I have to confess I have gone against my fears and fallen in love with the keo-karpin oil..mineral oil, peanut oil and all! I use it every day and my hair loves it for sealing and a swipe to my twists.

Last edited:
I just realized I have this oil in my hair product stash.
I bought it last year and never used it.
My bottle does not list ingredients.

Back