Kenra MC and Lanza PP Poo Review.......... LONG

BrownBetty

Well Ladies,

I bought Kenra MC and Lanza PP Poo yesterday. Let me give you a little background. I went to Trade Secret, walked in the store and there were three "Sistas" working in the store. So I am thinking "great, I can get a little advice." Boy was I wrong. No one said "Hi, can I help you?" or even looked my way. They just ignored me. I realized they were trying to convince this poor girl with pretty think hair to do something she obviously wasn't trying to hear. No one spoke until I went to the register. Finally I get the products all 10 oz sizes and was on my way. Why do we woman especially Black woman do that? Anywho, I just needed to vent.

I clarified my hair with a shampoo I picked up that has eucalyptus and peppermint that made scalp tingle
grin.gif
. I then used Kenra Mositure Poo which was great because all the tangles from the clarifying lotion were gone and my hair was hydrated. I then used the Lanza PP Poo, I needed protein because I have been shedding but I didn't want to do a protein condition. My hair felt stronger after the wash and I didn't lose more than 5 hairs. Now for the star of the show.........

Kenra MC!! Why didn't anyway let me know sooner that this stuff was off the meter!! I could of stopped my PJism in it's tracks! I put the MC in my hair and I could feel my hair instantly softening up. It was like a miracle. I left it in for 2 hrs
shocked.gif
. I know that was too long but I was cleaning........ Anyway, I rinsed and put a little more MC in my hair as I was rinsing and my hair was soft and silky
wink.gif
. My hair feels 20x's better. It is sooo cold here in MA and my hair was just snapping off. So now I am in rollers and even if my hair is frizzy I will be okay because it is soft and I can comb it without losing a trillion hairs. I hope this helps someone!

I just used my fab duo last night: Kenra Moisturizing poo, ACV rinse, then the Kenra MC. Slip, slip, slip...soft and smooth....Yes, Kenra is tha bomb, and I am almost all out of the conditioner (I use a lot). You should have seen me shaking and squeezing the bottle trying to get out the last remnant of the stuff, LOL...like some kinda crack fiend...must...have....more...Kenra....!!!!
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
MissVee said:
Why do we woman especially Black woman do that?

[/ QUOTE ]
I have no idea. However, I have relied on the reviews and advice of many from this hair board and other boards and NOT people that work in stores that sell hair care products. They usually don't know has much as we do (at the LHCF) anyways.
laugh.gif
Girl, just stick with the members here at the LHCF for advice. Don't let them get to you. They're probably just waiting to jack-up someone's good looking hair by giving them bad advice.

I'm glad you like both products. I love the L'anza Protein Plus Shampoo (old formula). I can't wait to try the Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner (some time in 2004).

Where did you find the Kenra shinyblack hair?
I went to Trade Secrets and they told me Kenra had been discontinued at their store and replaced by Redken.I figured it was discontinued at all Canadian Trade Secrets.Am I wrong?

Great review. I'm a new Kenra convert and don't even want to think about using another conditioner.
smile.gif

Allandra, you need to put this one at the TOP of your list of things to try in 2004. I promise, you will not be dissapointed. May make you kick Kiehl's to the curb
laugh.gif

Katie,

I actually didn't get it at the Trade Secrets. I got it at a salon. I think you'd have luck finding it at a salon in a mall or something (one of the white salons). Good luck
smile.gif
I hope you get some cuz it's really good stuff..

[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:
Allandra, you need to put this one at the TOP of your list of things to try in 2004. I promise, you will not be dissapointed. May make you kick Kiehl's to the curb
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I am going to try it out. I just don't know when though. I don't use a rinse out conditioner by Kiehl's. I use their Creme with Silk Groom and their Leave-In Conditioner. So, Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner won't replace those.

I just came from Trade Secret, and Miss Vee there were two white women there who were so helpful and nice, they loaded me down with free samples. I know what you mean cuz there is a black girl who works there and just mugs me everytime I go in...no "hi", no "yo momma", lol, NOTHIN. I don't get it, but "oh well". I bought some Kenra MC and the deep emolient somethin or other....I have wanted to try these for a long time, and I just broke down and got em...I am soo excited.

A lot of times I will go into a store and the clerk will say "We have the Shampoo and Conditioner in a holiday pack for the same price as the conditioner." Or something along those lines. When I went to Regis I asked could I switch one the the products in the gift pack the woman was soo helpful (white).

honey_jammz82, you got free stuff?!
mad.gif
Those hussy didn't offer me jack squat! Oh well, I just counted about 10 different conditioners after cleaning my "beauty cabinent", so I need nothing else!
rofl.gif

Lol, MissVee, I think they just felt bad for me, cuz I did not straighten my hair, it was really curly, and all over the place...I was in a hurry, and I had three of my neices with me. I know they were thinkin, she has soo many kids, she does not have time to do her own hair..let's help her out!!!!

OH, and I bought the Kenra products the MC and Deep Em., I just used them and straightened my hair...it is soo soft...I LOVE THESE PRODUCTS...THEY ARE KEEPERS!!!!!!!

That review sure helped me. Thanks a bunch. And there's a Trade Secret at a mall convenient to me. The same mall where I get my Kiehl's. I'm with Allandra on the Creme with Silk Groom. It is a regular moisturizer, but it is Fabulous! I had been pretty excited about trying Kenra, and L'anza, but I couldn't stand the thought of waiting for an order to arrive.

Back