kemi oyl

I have heard many of you talking about kemi oyl. I saw some in walgreens yesterday and thought about buying it, but when i turned the bottle over to look at the ingredients (as i have learned to do from this site), it only said essential oils and fragrance. Can anyone who uses it please tell me its ingredients and its benifits?

We had a chat (at this forum) with the company that makes Kemi. They do not list the ingredients on this product due to it's patent. I've used it in the past, and I think it's a great oil. I love the smell, and the way it makes hair shine.

I was going to post and ask what's in kemi oyl...so I did a search first...I'm three months into my transition..... yesterday I washed, blowdried and flatironed my hair, I only put kemi oyl on the new growth and the demarcation as I flat ironed, it left my hair with no body (but it never has any when I do it myself) but it is soft and it shines, I previously used evoo the same way, kemi is better to me, but I'll try others...maybe I'll find something better.... you guys rave about unrefined coconut oil...if I find a small jar of it somewhere I'll try it next I guess:)

I guess my question still is, what's in kemi oyl:)

I love Kemi Oyl. I use it all the time, especially when flat-ironing. I also use a little bit every couple days on my ends. I really like it. A little goes a long way:)

thanks for posting this. I used to have kemi oyl and never got more when it ran out. But its great for shine and giving a polished look...will buy more at my next trip to the BSS

OMG I love Kemi Oyl! Been using it for years, I alternate with that and jojoba oil now just to prevent my hair and scalp from becoming complacent.

Wow, Kemy Oyl, this reminds me of my high school days. I haven't used it in years, but when I did, I really liked it. I should revisit :)

i love it so much that when i go to the dominican salon, i take it with me. she rubs a little through my hair (and i always put extra on my ends) before she wraps it.

I used to love the smell of this oil as a child....I just ordered a few bottles since sally's is having a sale :yep:

I love how Kemi Oyl smells...when they had the chat on here, did they confirm that it doesn't contain petroleum and/or mineral oil?

I used to love the smell of this oil as a child....I just ordered a few bottles since sally's is having a sale :yep:

Love kemi oyl; didn't know sallys was having a sale. Guess I'll stock up on this too. Kemi oyl is the main oil that gives my hair a natural, healthy looking shine.

I love how Kemi Oyl smells...when they had the chat on here, did they confirm that it doesn't contain petroleum and/or mineral oil?

I wish I new what the ingredients were too. It doesn't feel like it has petro or mineral oil but I don't know..:ohwell:

Kemi was one of my first oils that I purchased. I wasn't even aware of the entire m&s process when I purchased it b/c it was prior to joining LHCF. ITA that it provides great shine and has a nice smell.

OT: Not trying to thread hijack but just as a random comment -- I've sampled a number of oils on the HHJ and still think argan oil provides the best nutrition for my hair. I will keep other oils, such as kemi, evoo, evco, castor and others on hand but argan is my go-to product that's tried and true (for me) for day to day m&s.

Wow, I haven't heard Kemi oil mentioned in a LONG time! My hairdresser used to use it when I was a kid!! I forgot all about it - maybe I'll start using it again and see if my hair likes it now.

hmm I look at this bottle everrrrtime I visit the BSS.. *curious* Ive been wanting some 'shine' for my natural and coconut oil gives me nada *shrugs* I may give this a try :yep:

Back