Keeping Satin/Silk Scarves and Caps in Place

aprilbiz

Ladies,

I have a problem keeping my satin cap in place at night. I have the scarf kind, but it doesn't seem to matter what kind I use, it slips off. I've also put enough bobby pins along the cap that I began to get paranoid that I might accidentally stab myself in the head in my sleep
shocked.gif

I am going to get a satin pillowcase, but I would still like to keep my hair in tact at night. Any suggestions ole' wise ones?

cotton bandana......good idea soul child!!
i noticed my hair is breaking off in the back where i tie the scarf in the baCk.....bummer!!....any idea's on this?

[ QUOTE ]
asummertyme said:
cotton bandana......good idea soul child!!
i noticed my hair is breaking off in the back where i tie the scarf in the baCk.....bummer!!....any idea's on this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't tie the scarf so tight. Also, vary it. Tie it in front sometimes or tie it on top of your hair.

aprilbiz,

Have you tried the drawstring satin bonnet? I use drawstring satin bonnets, regular (elastic) satin bonets and satin scarves, and they all work for me. One of my nieces was having the same problem as you. She now uses the drawstring satin bonnet with success.

The drawstring bonnet is great. I use mine more than my fancy silk scarves.
smile.gif
I only wear the scarves when I have... ermm... "company".
love.gif

If your bss doesn't carry them try the Dollar Store. I found some there.
smile.gif
There wasn't a drawstring bonnet to be found in my area when I started looking.
nono.gif
A hair buddy sent me two. After I went all over town asking for them they started ordering them and I stocked up.

I've seen three brands--Cristina, i-free and Dream. The Cristina is the best, IMO. The other ones aren't as soft.

Alas, I will have to try this Allandra. I am so haunted by my silk scarf that I'm literally up at night pulling the front down just to make sure it stays on. I have a silk pillowcase, but I still don't like the way my hair looks if it's not secured with a scarf. Thanks for the tip!

i either wear a bonnet or i tie a cotton scarf over my silk scarf. satin pillow cases and scarves at the same time dont mix with me because they slide against each other while im sleep and then they slide off by the time im awake

Mine doesn't slip off, but I tie it so tight that I have a little dark mark on my foreheard where the knot is. I have to look into the satin drawstrin bonnets too.

Back