Keeping new growth soft

Rose1

I currently have my hair in kinky twists with extensions as I'm giving my hair a break from relaxing. As yet I'm not sure whether I'm stretching or transitioning. Anyway, I was wondering if I could have recs for a product which will keep my new growth soft and prevent breakage due to the two different hair textures when I take the twists outand comb it. I have heard that S Curl is good but would also like other recs as I'm not sure whether I can take the S Curl smell if it still smells like it did in the 90's. Btw I currently use JBCO and coconut oil to oil my hair and scalp. I don't mind if it's shop bought or whether it is a concoction which has been made up of other products just as long as it works.

I'm wearing Senegalese Twists right now. I use Worlds of Curls moisturizer, Surge 14, and African Royale braid spray on my hair and scalp then baggy at night. Since Surge is a discontinued product, you can try Infusium 23 leave in conditioner or 911 leave in. My NG is always soft and I don't have any breakage when I remove my twists. You may want to check out the braid challenge and baggying threads for more tips.

Also, check out the Crown and Glory method: www.growafrohairlong.com

I'm wearing Senegalese Twists right now. I use Worlds of Curls moisturizer, Surge 14, and African Royale braid spray on my hair and scalp then baggy at night. Since Surge is a discontinued product, you can try Infusium 23 leave in conditioner or 911 leave in. My NG is always soft and I don't have any breakage when I remove my twists. You may want to check out the braid challenge and baggying threads for more tips.

Also, check out the Crown and Glory method: www.growafrohairlong.com

I'll already use African Royale braid spray. Which World of Curls moisturiser is it as there seem to be quite a few products on the internet.

Right now I'm using some diluted Hawiian Silky 14 in 1. I just use half water, half hawiian silky and spray. Oh and I added a little of my Joico conditioner to the mix for protein.

Wild Growth Oil.
I don't know if it helped my hair grow at all, but it worked wonder for softening my ng when I was relaxed.

I would highly recommend Ultra Black Hair Lotion Creme Moisturizer. My hair is relaxed (texlaxed) but it keeps my line of demarcation very smooth and soft. I compare its consistency to relaxer as they are combing it through your new growth. It actually keeps the hair in a flat position. I think it would be great for natural hair too, because Cathy Howse's hair is now natural and she only uses her own products.

I bought a bottle of S-Curl today. I smelt it before I bought it and it smelt ok, I can live with it! I have this habit where whenever I'm buying a product for my hair which I haven't tried before, I have to smell it first. :look: I couldn't find pure glycerin to mix my own moisturizer. I have no idea where to get it in the UK. Is it ok to add some JBCO and coconut oil to the S-Curl?

Back